2010 Fusion Folding Rear Seats

Geniusjustin

Well, I'm happy to report I ended up purchasing the Fusion. The other day I noticed that after using the releases in the trunk for the split folding rear seats, I still had to go and manually pull the seats down; they did not flip down themselves. I was under the impression they were supposed to do this. Can anyone clear this (minor) point up for me?

Thanks.

Well, I'm happy to report I ended up purchasing the Fusion. The other day I noticed that after using the releases in the trunk for the split folding rear seats, I still had to go and manually pull the seats down; they did not flip down themselves. I was under the impression they were supposed to do this. Can anyone clear this (minor) point up for me?

Thanks.

As I understand it, the Fusion doesn't do this (neither does any other mid-size sedan, as far as I know). The only Ford vehicle that I know of that does this is the Flex.

Thanks.

They should automatically flip forward (spring loaded) but sometimes they get cought, especially when new.

As I understand it, the Fusion doesn't do this (neither does any other mid-size sedan, as far as I know). The only Ford vehicle that I know of that does this is the Flex.

The Edge also has the push button fold down 2nd row seats.

In my Fusion the seat belts usually stop the seat from folding down automatically.

They should automatically flip forward (spring loaded) but sometimes they get cought, especially when new.

I think this is what is happening on the "60" side of the split, as the spring loaded flip occurs after I rotate the seat manually about 30 degrees. On the "40" side of the seat, it seems pretty stuck in the latch and I have to give it a good jerk after pulling the release in the trunk. Do you think they'll loosen up or should I have the dealer take a look?

2010 Fusion Sport, purchased 7/09. I had to pull mine a couple of times before they started falling forward unassisted.

2010 Fusion SEL purchased 5/2010 and manufactured 9/2009 when the latch in the trunk is pulled the seat flips down quickly and smoothly.

2010 Fusion SEL purchased 5/2010 and manufactured 9/2009 when the latch in the trunk is pulled the seat flips down quickly and smoothly.

I'm surprised there is as much variability in this as there seems to be. Hopefully mine will loosen up; I'd hate to have to haul it back to the dealer and have an (invariably) greasy tech smudge up my interior! Other than a few other minor nit-picks, I love the car. The ride and handling balance is, in my opinion, hands down the best in the segment.