Fuel Economy Test?

94ranger

A heard on the radio today that Ford did some kind of a test to see how far a new Mustang can go on a single tank of gas. They went to Bristol and evidently with stops only to switch drivers the car complete 1460 some laps of the half mile circuit. When the math was done that came out to be more than 48 MPG. Can anyone corroborate this or give me more info?

A heard on the radio today that Ford did some kind of a test to see how far a new Mustang can go on a single tank of gas. They went to Bristol and evidently with stops only to switch drivers the car complete 1460 some laps of the half mile circuit. When the math was done that came out to be more than 48 MPG. Can anyone corroborate this or give me more info?

yup, they did. They had a contest where you could enter how many complete laps you thought it would go.

A few things to remember though, this was on a track, with the base V6 automatic which includes the low resistance tires, and they only went like 50 mph around the track. So, it is impressive but in no way relates to real world. The only thing that I take away from it is that if they can get 48 mpg under exact perfect conditions then it shouldnt be too hard to get the rated 29 mpg in the real world.