Not FoMoCo product but...

BentleyGreenbriar.jpg

Taller, Shorter, Bentley 5 door Touring Hatch, the Greenbrier. I think cars with these proportions will be common in 10-15 years. I think the room and shorter length will mean a LOT in the future's crowded spaces. I deliberately chose NOT to use the straight-through wagon roof, from the Shooting Brake concept.

Accord4DoorCoupe2010_3.jpg

A production Accord 4 door coupe. How about bringing 'svelte' back into the world, Honda? I'm actually most proud of the taillight lenses which while fitting in the production coupe's openings, work so much better with the body lines.

I'll be back with some Ford chops soon!

Edited by artandcolour

I love the Bentley and I agree about that more and more "big" hatchbacks are going to become normal. You are awesome.

thanks! i really enjoy making cars I'd like to have in my own driveway!

i see in your sig you'd like to resurrect Duesenberg. I'd love to also! You know about the '66 version by Exner, right? It was GORGEOUS! I still think it could sell today with this body. Exner Duesenberg

have you seen this Packard V12 coupe i did a few years ago? I had cars like this '66 Duesy in mind when I did it. I was also thinking about great ol' big American coupes like the Continental Mark IVs and Vs of the '70s.

PackardPatrician400.jpg

Edited by artandcolour

i see in your sig you'd like to resurrect Duesenberg. I'd love to also! You know about the '66 version by Exner, right? It was GORGEOUS! I still think it could sell today with this body. Exner Duesenberg

have you seen this Packard V12 coupe i did a few years ago? I had cars like this '66 Duesy in mind when I did it. I was also thinking about great ol' big American coupes like the Continental Mark IVs and Vs of the '70s.

I do know about the '66 Duesenberg and the Stutzs that came in the 70's. Your Packard is really cool and would've hit that same small but rich niche that the Stutz revivals did. I tried my hand at sketching a modern Duesy back in high school, but its nothing as elaborate or awesome as your designs. I'll see if I can find it. I mean that Packard and your Lincolns are breathtaking.

I do know about the '66 Duesenberg and the Stutzs that came in the 70's. Your Packard is really cool and would've hit that same small but rich niche that the Stutz revivals did. I tried my hand at sketching a modern Duesy back in high school, but its nothing as elaborate or awesome as your designs. I'll see if I can find it. I mean that Packard and your Lincolns are breathtaking.

I'd like to see that drawing if you can find it, see your thoughts on the Duesy. I really liked that Stutz too! Some of them were customized to a tacky degree, and they were really only Pontiac Grand Prixs underneath (and interiors), but the lines were so dramatic and attractive! I have an old brochure from the late '60s, I think just before production started, or at the very beginning of it anyway. here's an 'artsy' photo of it and a clear shot of the black and white press material. Notice the rear trunk design without the spare tire, pretty accurately predicted the '74 Buick Riviera, 5 years before it came out! I've always wondered if Buick designers used that Stutz rear as inspiration for the post-boattail facelift.

IrisandStutz.jpg

stutzposter.jpg

Edited by artandcolour

I'd like to see that drawing if you can find it, see your thoughts on the Duesy. I really liked that Stutz too! Some of them were customized to a tacky degree, and they were really only Pontiac Grand Prixs underneath (and interiors), but the lines were so dramatic and attractive! I have an old brochure from the late '60s, I think just before production started, or at the very beginning of it anyway. here's an 'artsy' photo of it and a clear shot of the black and white press material. Notice the rear trunk design without the spare tire, pretty accurately predicted the '74 Buick Riviera, 5 years before it came out! I've always wondered if Buick designers used that Stutz rear as inspiration for the post-boattail facelift.

I never really noticed but now that you mentioned the styling similarities I don't know how I missed it. I've looked through my computer for the scans of my Duesy but I haven't found it. I'm going to have to look for the original sketch.

I found the sketches buried in the past topics in this Forum and downloaded for my records. The first one is my Duesy, the second is just a generic luxury car or maybe a smaller Duesy, and the last was my thoughts on a new Lincoln Continental/Flagship.

post-34544-12789008842848_thumb.jpg

post-34544-12789009054565_thumb.jpg

post-34544-12789009357752_thumb.jpg

Edited by 94ranger

I found the sketches buried in the past topics in this Forum and downloaded for my records. The first one is my Duesy, the second is just a generic luxury car or maybe a smaller Duesy, and the last was my thoughts on a new Lincoln Continental/Flagship.

wow! classic proportions make for grand modern cars! definitely out of the mainstream, and i like them for that! That thirties rear fastback-to-the-ground is hot, as are the suggestions of flowing fenders.

thanks!

wow! classic proportions make for grand modern cars! definitely out of the mainstream, and i like them for that! That thirties rear fastback-to-the-ground is hot, as are the suggestions of flowing fenders.

thanks!

Thank you for the encouragement. I'm always super critical of my work. Its one reason why I stop drawing and haven't really started again.

Thank you for the encouragement. I'm always super critical of my work. Its one reason why I stop drawing and haven't really started again.

we're always our own worst enemies. don't even think about quality when you're drawing or creating. that's for someone else to determine at some other time, if ever. the important thing is doing the creating for yourself. whatever comes next isn't in our control!

we're always our own worst enemies. don't even think about quality when you're drawing or creating. that's for someone else to determine at some other time, if ever. the important thing is doing the creating for yourself. whatever comes next isn't in our control!

Awesome advise. I'll try to keep it in mind the next time.