Please Track VIN 2LMDJ8JK9BBJ00211

I purchased a 2011 Lincoln MKX yesterday, which supposedly has been built and is enroute to Okotoks Ford/Lincoln, Okotoks Alberta. The sales person was unable to pull up the window sticker and could not give me an ETA

A Blue Oval member was good enough to track the production of my present 2008 Ford Edge as it was built and also forward the window sticker and ETA. Is it possible to do the same for the Lincoln?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I purchased a 2011 Lincoln MKX yesterday, which supposedly has been built and is enroute to Okotoks Ford/Lincoln, Okotoks Alberta. The sales person was unable to pull up the window sticker and could not give me an ETA

A Blue Oval member was good enough to track the production of my present 2008 Ford Edge as it was built and also forward the window sticker and ETA. Is it possible to do the same for the Lincoln?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Heres your window sticker.... http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=2LMDJ8JK9BBJ00211

P.S. anyone else can print their window sticker by entering their VIN in place of this VIN at the end of the URL.

Can I get a production date and ETA. I have checked out on line Lincoln Dealers in Calgary and Edmonton as well as Dealers in Seattle, and Spokane and none have any 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX vehicles in stock.. There are a number of articles on the web about both the 2011 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX possibly being held back for quality control , but nothing seems definite as to when they will be released.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, as my wife an myself are supposed to drive to California in mid October.

Albertabound

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing yet Cyberdman . I will contact the Dealer tomorrow to see what they have heard. When I purchased the vehicle on July 27 they suggested 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.

I just completed a search of 20 Ford/Lincoln dealers across the US and Canada and none show any 2011 Edge or MXX in their new vehicle inventories.

I also came across the article at the Web site listed below that gave me some cause for concern, particularly with the rumors that the release date might be set back.

On the other hand Ford/Lincoln Adds in the New Car weekly supplement to the Calgary Herald for the last couple of weeks has been pushing both the 2011 Edge and MKX. If either vehicle is purchased before the end of August - even if ordered to be built at the factory - Ford Employee Pricing and a delivery allowance kicks in. In my case $7500.00 has been knocked off the Suggested Retail Price. At first I thought I was reading wrong and it was just 2010 vehicles, but before purchasing verified 2011 are also included.

http://bullit.ditttos.com/general/ford-edges-delivery-derailed

• 4 weeks later...

It is now almost a month since my last post. I still do not have my Lincoln MKX. My dealer is part of the Woodridge Group in Calgary which includes 3 Ford/Lincoln dealerships. All of them have some 2011 Lincoln MKX on their lots, and all appear to have been ordered after I ordered mine. I was to my dealer and saw my sales person yesterday and all I get is that it is on it's way and to be patient. C yberdman; is it possible to check out any information that might be available since you advised me the vehicle was being prepped for shipping and then for transport? I keep getting a feeling that the vehicle was pulled at the factory for defects or that it arrived in the Woodridge Ford/Lincoln compound in Calgary and got shipped to one of their other dealers and sold.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Owen

Shipped Rail - Railcar # TTGX995222

In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Canadian National Railways) Tormacyar, ON Sep-15-2010, 12:40 ET.

ETA the week of Sep-29-2010.

:shift:

Thank-you Cyberdman - Like so many others on this forum I owe you greatly. It appears to me that after we order our Ford/Lincoln vehicle you are by far the most accurate source of what is really going on.

I realize that you are doing this on your own time and that quite often it appears we forget this with our numerous requests for further information. In my case not so, it is just that you are the only one we know of that can get the information out to us.

As far as I am concerned you do more PR for Ford with it's new vehicle customers than any thing else I have seen.

Thank-you

In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Canadian Pacific Railway ) Ogden, AB Sep-20-2010, 20:30 MT .

The rail journey has ended. Ogden is the unloading point in Calgary. My salesman called about an hour ago and we have arranged for my wife and myself to pick up the MKX next Monday. They will have the 3M hood and bumper paint protector installed and I will be able to get any personal information cleaned off the Navigation and Sync system in my 2008 Ford Edge.

I will miss getting updates, and can only hope that the people asking for your assistance get the same satisfaction I have as their vehicles are built and finally delivered.

Thank-you my Friend