Ford F250 Tracking

The order was actually just sent to the plant today. You are "Scheduled to Day" for Aug-17-2010. Preliminary ETA is listed as of the week of Aug 23, but I wouldn't put too much stock into that date as of yet. That is only a week after it's estimated build date.

• 2 weeks later...

The order was actually just sent to the plant today. You are "Scheduled to Day" for Aug-17-2010. Preliminary ETA is listed as of the week of Aug 23, but I wouldn't put too much stock into that date as of yet. That is only a week after it's estimated build date.

Looks like my truck was built. Do you have a way to find out when it will ship? I appreciate the help!!!

As of Wed August 18th, it was sitting on Ramp 1K at Kentucky Truck awaiting shipment showing "Origin Received - (Jack Cooper Transport Co Inc )".

No updates, so it may not have left yet, but still an ETA for the week of August 30th.

Has this truck left the dock yet! Called the trucking company. They said they don't ship to Nebraska so most likly going by rail.

Thanks

Right. It would say rail if it was going by rail.

I called Jack Cooper trucking and she says truck was on hold and to call our Ford Rep. So I call Ford Customer service and she says it is on the dock waiting for transport and doesn't know what on hold means. Scheduled for delivery same as you said week of the 30th.

Thanks for your help. Must be on hold until pick up of the pick up. Ha Ha

:D yeah you never know. I always assume when it hasn't left, maybe the truck still isn't full yet and are awaiting other orders until it is full enough to make the trip financially worth their while. Just my guees - I don't know if they actually do that, but I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Right. It would say rail if it was going by rail.

Not always true. The window sticker only shows the initial mode of transport. In this case it will endup going rail, but it first needs to be transported by truck from KTP to the Norfolk Southern rail yard in Shelbyville, KY and this is why the window sticker says convoy. The only time the window sticker will say rail is if it will be shipped directly from KTP via CSX...

Edited by PowerStrokeHD

Not always true. The window sticker only shows the initial mode of transport. In this case it will endup going rail, but it first needs to be transported by truck from KTP to the Norfolk Southern rail yard in Shelbyville, KY and this is why the window sticker says convoy. The only time the window sticker will say rail is if it will be shipped directly from KTP via CSX...

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping to receive it by Labor Day but I won't hold my breath as that only give them 2 1/2 weeks (jab) to ship after build. It is a whole 700 miles after all.

Will be my 3rd Superduty and 7th Ford truck! Love the truck, hate the wait!

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping to receive it by Labor Day but I won't hold my breath as that only give them 2 1/2 weeks (jab) to ship after build. It is a whole 700 miles after all.

Will be my 3rd Superduty and 7th Ford truck! Love the truck, hate the wait!

Still sitting on the dock or has it been released??

Thanks

I'm sorry nothing new to report. Exactly the same as last time.

I wonder what the average is they make on each truck in shipping. It doesn't cost them the same to ship to all destinations. I think that is the delay. Train car rental, just a figure $500. Ship 1 on car only $475 profit. Ship 10 on car $9475 profit. They hold them for the greatest profit margin and screw the customer. I wish someone from Ford would chime in on this but I doubt it because that's the way it works. The $500 could be $5000 but who knows. It is still not customer satisfaction driven.

They're probably trying to make sure a car carrier is full or a train car to a region is full before sending out vehicles. IF they're paying for a truck or rail car no matter how full it is, they'd actually lose money filling it with only 1 car.

I'm also waiting on car currently in production and not justifying it, but I understand it for the most part.

-Wingrider

They're probably trying to make sure a car carrier is full or a train car to a region is full before sending out vehicles. IF they're paying for a truck or rail car no matter how full it is, they'd actually lose money filling it with only 1 car.

I'm also waiting on car currently in production and not justifying it, but I understand it for the most part.

-Wingrider

I understand it also but it gets irritating when they change the date 3 times and plans have been made to use the vehicle to pull your 5th wheel on vacation.