2011 Ford Mustang GT Order

Good evening! Thanks so much for offering to do this for people you don't know and will probably never meet. Awesome, truly awesome.

I placed an order for a 2011 Ford Mustang GT on July 9. I was told by my salesman that Ford accepted the order the same day, and was told it would take approximately 4-6 weeks to receive my car. That is more or less the last I heard, and have had some difficulty getting any updates. Ford CS can only tell me that my order shows "Order Processing." So I'm nearly 5 weeks in and don't have a VIN or build date yet.

The only information that I have is:

Order # - L117

Dealer Code - F71171

Any info at all that anyone could provide would be very sincerely appreciated, because at this point I basically know nothing.

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning! Or at least I assume it will be morning when you get to read this... Hope you had a nice extended weekend.

After 8 weeks, I finally got my VIN last Friday!!! :happy feet:

VIN is 1ZVBP8CF3B5152277 if I copied it right. My salesman also provided me with an ETA of September 20th. Well, I was so excited I forgot to ask if he had a build date or any other info, although the 20th seems a little on the optimistic side. So I called Ford Customer Service, who actually said there wasn't any info; no build date, ETA, or anything. So I'm a little confused and thought I'd see if there's anything you could please confirm for me (time permitting) since you're basically my hero........ :drool:

And as always, thank you in advance for any insight you can provide!

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning, sir! (Or at least I assume it will be when you read this)

My last update was Friday the 24th, and I was told it was awaiting shipment with an ETA of Oct 13th (Hooray! My car finally physically exists!!!). The ETA kinda makes me wonder if Ford expects it to take a little while to ship. So if you have a moment, could you please check to see if there's any new info, or if it's still awaiting shipment? It would be very much appreciated.

My VIN is 1ZVBP8CF3B5152277.

Thank you!

:rockon:

One extra quick question for you. Do you know, or have you noticed if the cars typically stay on the same railcar from start to finish? Or do they get switched around a lot? If they stay on the same one, then I can obsessively check the automated phone tracking system for info, instead of bothering an actual person who has lots of other stuff to do... :D

Although they switch lines, once you got a railcar, it will not leave that railcar until it gets to your destination. Think about it, it is no different than UPS. Once your package is out for delivery, unless that delivery van breaks down it is staying in that van until it gets to your house. The railcar makes a lot of stops to drop off other vehicles along the way and to switch tracks and stations, but your vehilce isn't getting off until it gets to your local dropoff ramp.

In Transit Passing (Burlington Northern Railroad ) Galesburg, IL Sep-29-2010, 19:14 CT.

Gotcha, that makes sense. Well, thanks to that information, I think I can follow its journey via the railroad's automated phone line, leaving you to your more important responsibilities, and helping those on here that don't have another source of information.

I honestly can not thank you enough for the extra information and insight you've provided on this website. This is my first Mustang, which has been my dream car for many years. Tomorrow will be 12 weeks since I ordered, and the information you've given me when I've had no luck, or just been given vague information from my dealership or Ford CS has truly helped keep me sane and helped me be patient throughout the process. So a very sincere thank you for doing this.

With any luck, I'll finally have my car next week and I'll be able to get some pictures on here.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!

:drool: :drool: :drool:

It finally arrived this week, and I took delivery on October 6! This car is amazing, and it was absolutely worth the wait! Thank you again for all of your help providing information and updates!!!

(Hopefully I uploaded the pictures right, and hopefully you had a good break from work!)

2010-10-06_17-12-43_559.jpg

2010-10-06_17-12-56_711.jpg

2010-10-07_15-03-59_69.jpg