Anybody out there care to answer? I remember a time when we helped one another.

ExpyBob

Now the silence is deafening.

I have three threads that were read buy some,

and not one person commented.

I asked for a PIN# 6th expedition. Not one reply.

I asked for advice on 2011 lead time for 2011 Expy order.

Nothin again.

Is this board even still functional?

Or will this be answered with some sort of attack now?

Just looking for the same kind of help I tried to give others.

Bob

Edited by ExpyBob

Now the silence is deafening.

I have three threads that were read buy some,

and not one person commented.

I asked for a PIN# 6th expedition. Not one reply.

I asked for advice on 2011 lead time for 2011 Expy order.

Nothin again.

Is this board even still functional?

Or will this be answered with some sort of attack now?

Just looking for the same kind of help I tried to give others.

Bob

You probably didn't get a reply because no one had an answer for you.

As far as the PIN, that's one that has to be answered by someone who has/had one to give.

Couple of answers, I can supply.

From reading here a little bit. it now seems you can qualify for an X-plan PIN if you have 100 shares for over 6 months.

But from personal experience this is where I stand on PINS...

I get a limited number to use. I've generated them to find out they were never used, to find out someone wants one in case he may buy, to find out that someone thought he could use it as a bargaining chip in the purchase decision, and to have someone say they passed it along. or just didn't need it.

SO I instituted my own policy on this and say I will cancel it if it's not used within 30 days, no exception.

Few factors are also now in play on the PINs, Ford has trimmed the workforce down to over half it was 5 years ago. The site has a lot fewer employees on it now compared to just 2 years ago. Less PINs going out. Close to end of the year and some have used up their allocation of them, some hold til the end of the year. Some feel the way they have been treated by the company, passing out a pin just seems contradictory to how the public and company ends up treating the employees in general, if you can understand what I mean.

Some like to see their own family benefit on them, rather than a total stranger. I guess you were lucky in the past, but if it means you have to have one, I'll withhold saying any more on it. Hopefully someone can help you.

X-plan originally was a family member other than immediate. Use to be you couldn't generate a pin for even a niece or nephew.

Somewhere back in the mid 90's Ford enlarge the program to a family and friends, then even sales started touting the "get the Ford Family Price'

Soon dealers were here on this site soliciting pins, and they added language to the plan about that.

Now today I get a pop-up with this warning

"It is a direct violation of the program rules to provide PINs to customers referred to you by a dealership employee or to use a dealership employee as a broker to locate AXZ-Plan customers."

Ford is being very aggressive now about wanting that profit. That was the first time I ever saw that warning as I was presented it.

All in all. I think it should return to pure family. By the time someone is interested in buying a Ford, they pretty much know that's what they want. It reduces the dealership profits, which in the long run, just end up hurting Ford. When people think they find a loophole and then exploit it numerous times it diminishes the 'BENIFIT' a Ford Employee receives. An Employee does not profit from this one iota except he gets to come to work again the next day to produce another car.

My $.02

X-plan originally was a family member other than immediate. Use to be you couldn't generate a pin for even a niece or nephew.

Somewhere back in the mid 90's Ford enlarge the program to a family and friends, then even sales started touting the "get the Ford Family Price'

Soon dealers were here on this site soliciting pins, and they added language to the plan about that.

Now today I get a pop-up with this warning

"It is a direct violation of the program rules to provide PINs to customers referred to you by a dealership employee or to use a dealership employee as a broker to locate AXZ-Plan customers."

Ford is being very aggressive now about wanting that profit. That was the first time I ever saw that warning as I was presented it.

All in all. I think it should return to pure family. By the time someone is interested in buying a Ford, they pretty much know that's what they want. It reduces the dealership profits, which in the long run, just end up hurting Ford. When people think they find a loophole and then exploit it numerous times it diminishes the 'BENIFIT' a Ford Employee receives. An Employee does not profit from this one iota except he gets to come to work again the next day to produce another car.

My $.02

Couldn't agree more. Want a pin # buy some shares or marry an employee. Otherwise, forget it.

Couldn't agree more. Want a pin # buy some shares or marry an employee. Otherwise, forget it.

Well at least you had the decency to reply. Thank you.

I learned by it too.

Now, how's lead time on Expy?

I figure 6-7 weeks. My order went in on 8/31 for a King Ranch.

This will be our going into retirement truck. (better half and I)

Bob