kcap truck side

uawxlt

2011 f-150 is considered a major model change

the plant manager confirmed in his recent employee meeting that there will be no second shift added to the truck side anytime soon

truck system would run on maximum overtime for several months saturdays scheduled

9-11 , 9-24 ,10-9,10-23 ,11-6 tenative11-20, 12-11,12-18 < depends on parts available 11 hours a day if needed after 2011 launch

the union was informed by the company that suv side employees will have sign ups to follow the escape to LAP starting sometime in april 2011

truck system employees are not eligable to follow the escape

kcap keeps the f-150 :happy feet:

the plant manager confirmed in his recent employee meeting that there will be no second shift added to the truck side anytime soon

truck system would run on maximum overtime for several months saturdays scheduled

9-11 , 9-24 ,10-9,10-23 ,11-6 tenative11-20, 12-11,12-18 < depends on parts available 11 hours a day if needed after 2011 launch

the union was informed by the company that suv side employees will have sign ups to follow the escape to LAP starting sometime in april 2011

Good to hear on the F-150 side (except I'm sure some would like to follow the escape) , anything mentioned as to what they will do with all the free space once the Escape leaves ?

and no mention of a new product on SUV side?

I feel for anyone with less than about 20 years senority.

and no mention of a new product on SUV side?

I feel for anyone with less than about 20 years senority.

In the Local 249 newspaper, Chairman Schmidt wrote that they are anticipating an official new product announcement soon. He said they are very optimistic that a second shift on the truck side will be needed in the near future.

Anybody know what formula will be used to decide the number of KCAP employees that can follow the Escape to LAP?

Wonder what the Big Dog will say about the future of the plant on Thursday? :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

it will just be more of the same.

so then pretty much what you are saying is that anybody from kcap who would want to transfer to lap can transfer?

The number of employees that will be allowed to transfer will be determined by the amount of workers the new location needs.

Say LAP only needs 100 workers when the new Escape starts production. Then only 100 people will be allowed to transfer. It's in the contract if you don't believe me.

Honestly, tho. If new work is being announced for the future after the Escape leaves, why uproot your family? Can't be for overtime because the new FLEX plants are going to run on three shifts. If they need more of one vehicle, they will adjust production between LAP and MAP.

Edited by Pioneer

The number of employees that will be allowed to transfer will be determined by the amount of workers the new location needs.

Say LAP only needs 100 workers when the new Escape starts production. Then only 100 people will be allowed to transfer. It's in the contract if you don't believe me.

Honestly, tho. If new work is being announced for the future after the Escape leaves, why uproot your family? Can't be for overtime because the new FLEX plants are going to run on three shifts. If they need more of one vehicle, they will adjust production between LAP and MAP.

Pioneer I think your wrong, there is a formula and it has something to do with the percentage of work that is being moved. In this case LAP would be getting 100% of Escape production therefore all of the current Escape employees could follow their work. It might be a little more complicated than that but it does have some sort of formula.

Pioneer I think your wrong

Then read the contract and prove it.

When Monroe ripped out all of the press lines because Visteon said stamping was not a product they wanted to continue producing, we sent most of our dies to Woodhaven. Guess how many people were allowed to transfer with them?

None. Our workers were told that the new facilities didn't need any more people to run the jobs because they already had the manpower needed.

When Monroe ripped out all of the press lines because Visteon said stamping was not a product they wanted to continue producing, we sent most of our dies to Woodhaven. Guess how many people were allowed to transfer with them?

None. Our workers were told that the new facilities didn't need any more people to run the jobs because they already had the manpower needed.

I don't have a copy of the current contract maybe you can look it up. This has been discussed on this forum before and someone if I remember correctly posted the formula.

I don't have a copy of the current contract maybe you can look it up. This has been discussed on this forum before and someone if I remember correctly posted the formula.

I currently don't have a copy either. After transferring to the Rouge, I found that the company doesn't follow it. And since our Union doesn't fight the company on anything, I just decided to throw it out.

I currently don't have a copy either. After transferring to the Rouge, I found that the company doesn't follow it. And since our Union doesn't fight the company on anything, I just decided to throw it out.

I've got all 5 volumes sitting behind me, but I won't try to locate it.

I think your both right to a degree.

The bottom line is, the receiving plant wants as few transfers as possible, because they come with TOTAL Ford seniority and that hurts current plant employees during a cutback and the more people, the more overtime is spread around. The receiving plants will make a case they can do all the work with current people.

KCAP has been trough the right to follow your work when Ohio lost the Mariner to KC. The percentage of production that came to KC made up about 30% of the SUV side total production and allowed 30% of it's workforce to follow without KCAP needing to increase manpower. These folks had the right to follow their work but many of these folks never made it to the SUV side but came straight to the Truck side since the SUV side was already over manpower then leaving the Truck side over manpower, that is why we had so many low seniority people take buyouts because we all knew Fords next step would be mass layoffs and that goes by seniority and once SUB and recall rights ran out you was done.

KCAP has been trough the right to follow your work when Ohio lost the Mariner to KC. The percentage of production that came to KC made up about 30% of the SUV side total production and allowed 30% of it's workforce to follow without KCAP needing to increase manpower. These folks had the right to follow their work but many of these folks never made it to the SUV side but came straight to the Truck side since the SUV side was already over manpower then leaving the Truck side over manpower, that is why we had so many low seniority people take buyouts because we all knew Fords next step would be mass layoffs and that goes by seniority and once SUB and recall rights ran out you was done.

bullshit 30 % is a little high it was like 5 % the ones that followed the marineer was placed in suv as openings accured the others was displaced by senior employees in ohio

and placed in available work at kcap the overage came when ford decided to take visteon employees and that didn't take long most quit because the couldn't handle the work

no one at kcap was at risk of being layed off in the truck or suv system

only temps or new hires under 90 days can be bumped

Don't worry LAP your not going to lose your jobs to KCAP transfers kcap the local plant decides how many people in will take

bullshit 30 % is a little high it was like 5 % the ones that followed the marineer was placed in suv as openings accured the others was displaced by senior employees in ohio

and placed in available work at kcap the overage came when ford decided to take visteon employees and that didn't take long most quit because the couldn't handle the work

no one at kcap was at risk of being layed off in the truck or suv system

only temps or new hires under 90 days can be bumped

Don't worry LAP your not going to lose your jobs to KCAP transfers kcap the local plant decides how many people in will take

there is definitely some formula nobody knows about. with the explorer leavig LAP and going to CAP, only 188 employees were allowed the "transfer of operations" transfer (follow the product), even though the explorer will be 61% of the build at CAP.

there is definitely some formula nobody knows about. with the explorer leavig LAP and going to CAP, only 188 employees were allowed the "transfer of operations" transfer (follow the product), even though the explorer will be 61% of the build at CAP.

when they start building the explorer it may be 61% but what is the estimated average of explorers built per year after the launch

same thing with the mariner when it was moved to kcap we built a shit load but the average per year build was low like 5 to 10 %

thats what your follow you product is based on

if the escape goes to LAP it would be 100% and thats probably a negociated deal at the international level who knows we don't i think it

depends on the needs of the plants and if kcap gets another product with f-150 sales strong ? they may say fuck it its cheaper to keep em on layoff rather than pay a bunch to move

this is strange we are being told suv side will only be down 2 to 3 months in late 2011 for retooling for what ?

alan is in kansas city thursday lets see what happens and

like it or not the 2012 model escape is still scheduled to be built at kcap ?

Edited by uawxlt