Tracking Build of Vehicle

MKXOwner

New to forum. Ford retiree. Have initiated purchase of 2011 MKX.

Have VIN for my new car and want to track it's build in the Canada plant but when I go to the VEHICLE TRACKING Forum I am not afforded the opportunity to ask for that TRACKING -- RED MESSAGE ON PAGE SAYS I MUST HAVE 10 POSTS TO POST ON THAT FORM.

How does one make 10 posts when denied access for the first post?

Any ideas that will enable me to POST on the VEHICLE TRACKING FORUM?

New to forum. Ford retiree. Have initiated purchase of 2011 MKX.

Have VIN for my new car and want to track it's build in the Canada plant but when I go to the VEHICLE TRACKING Forum I am not afforded the opportunity to ask for that TRACKING -- RED MESSAGE ON PAGE SAYS I MUST HAVE 10 POSTS TO POST ON THAT FORM.

How does one make 10 posts when denied access for the first post?

Any ideas that will enable me to POST on the VEHICLE TRACKING FORUM?

I think you need 10 posts on blue oval forums in general, not only that specific forum.

Get involved in this forum and maybe someone will take pity on you...

I think I am the only one on the other forum that requested tracking of a vehicle and never got a single reply. I don't mind getting involved in a forum IF I have something relevant to contribute, but just to add to my reply counter seems counter productive. I have been very excited looking forward to my new MKX and hoped to add to that excitement with a status update, but it is not going to happen apparently. (vin: 2LMDJ8JK7BBJ03835) I guess I am destined to wait for the salesman to call me.

I think I am the only one on the other forum that requested tracking of a vehicle and never got a single reply. I don't mind getting involved in a forum IF I have something relevant to contribute, but just to add to my reply counter seems counter productive. I have been very excited looking forward to my new MKX and hoped to add to that excitement with a status update, but it is not going to happen apparently. (vin: 2LMDJ8JK7BBJ03835) I guess I am destined to wait for the salesman to call me.

Your Windows sticker can be found here. However, there is no build date on there. The one date that I is for 01 Sep 2010. If it is anything like the Explorer that I bought last year, it won't be built until sometime during the week of 27 Sept.

Now, I don't work for Ford, I just have learned to read the on-line window stickers. So I would say you won't be seeing it until mid to late October.

Your Windows sticker can be found here. However, there is no build date on there. The one date that I is for 01 Sep 2010. If it is anything like the Explorer that I bought last year, it won't be built until sometime during the week of 27 Sept.

Now, I don't work for Ford, I just have learned to read the on-line window stickers. So I would say you won't be seeing it until mid to late October.

Thanks for the link, I see that all that I ordered is on the sticker.

Wondring if you know what the codes on the top of the window sticker mean. I have a 2011 Edge on order and have received vin and printed the window sticker. At the top there is an area divided into 10 spaces with words underneath and a code above as follows - CERT (UTC), CERT, CERT, TRD (U), RAMP ®, BUMP (BM), CAMP, BOOK, AFV, FSCP (X)) . Do you have any idea what these codes mean? CRC told me vehicle is "In Production" but nothing else. Thanks for any insight.

Wondring if you know what the codes on the top of the window sticker mean. I have a 2011 Edge on order and have received vin and printed the window sticker. At the top there is an area divided into 10 spaces with words underneath and a code above as follows - CERT (UTC), CERT, CERT, TRD (U), RAMP ®, BUMP (BM), CAMP, BOOK, AFV, FSCP (X)) . Do you have any idea what these codes mean? CRC told me vehicle is "In Production" but nothing else. Thanks for any insight.

No I can not help you. I don't know what those codes mean either. there might be something on the Internet about them, but I don't know what they mean.

Your dealer can give you the same information that Cyberdman can and you are paying them a commission when you buy your car - make them earn it.

I've been in constant contact with my dealer and so far they are no help. All they can seem to tell me is that it's in transit. I find it hard to believe that with a VIN they can't get more information than that. This whole process has been very frustrating to me and that's why i'm looking to alternate sources for information. I've even called Ford customer service directly and they haven't been able to help either. This is my first Lincoln/Ford purchase and so far i'm unimpressed. If I didn't love the MKX so much when I test drove it i'd be tempted to buy something else.

I've been in constant contact with my dealer and so far they are no help. All they can seem to tell me is that it's in transit. I find it hard to believe that with a VIN they can't get more information than that. This whole process has been very frustrating to me and that's why i'm looking to alternate sources for information. I've even called Ford customer service directly and they haven't been able to help either. This is my first Lincoln/Ford purchase and so far i'm unimpressed. If I didn't love the MKX so much when I test drove it i'd be tempted to buy something else.

If you want to at least put your VIN number here, we should be able to look up the window sticker on-line and give you an idea of where it might be in the process.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

VIN : 2LMDJ8JK6BBJ03339

The window sticker can be found here. The vehicle was invoiced on 13 Aug 2010 and I would assume that it is in transit, since it has been over a month. I see that you have 12 post, so you can go to the vehicle locator and have cyberman look up the rest of the information.

I don't have access to Ford's internal tracking system.

I've been in constant contact with my dealer and so far they are no help

I think that is the general consensus I've been reading, I to also tried to find out my VIN from the dealer, they told me I would only get it around 4 - 5 weeks after they submitted the order...I've read that people were getting their VIN's in less that 2.

I almost feel like I'm bothering the dealer when I call for an update.

I hear cyberman is the man, just need to get my VIN and 10 posts!

Tony

I think that is the general consensus I've been reading, I to also tried to find out my VIN from the dealer, they told me I would only get it around 4 - 5 weeks after they submitted the order...I've read that people were getting their VIN's in less that 2.

Tony

Someone at your dealer can get the same information that Cyberdman can get - it is just a matter of convincing them to do it. I got my Vin after about 4 weeks.

Tony

got my vin in 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Hardrive. That was fast. Can one tell the build date from the sticker?

Thanks again.

No, because it isn't printed on it. If it is anything like my truck from last year, it will probably be built the week of 01 Nov 2010. Cyberdman would have more information, but you need to post a lot more on this site so that you can post there to get full information.