Tracking Build of Vehicle

MKXOwner

No, because it isn't printed on it. If it is anything like my truck from last year, it will probably be built the week of 01 Nov 2010. Cyberdman would have more information, but you need to post a lot more on this site so that you can post there to get full information.

Thanks, Harddrive for your time and responses. I guess I will just have to wait. About a week ago, our salesman told us it would be built the week of Oct. 18th. I was just hoping I could find out more info on it. We are now a one car family as my wife already sold her GMC Envoy she is replacing with this vehicle. Obviously I don't have enough posts to get info from Cyberdman and am not just going to post "stuff" on here to qualify. But, again thanks for your help.

Thanks, Harddrive for your time and responses. I guess I will just have to wait. About a week ago, our salesman told us it would be built the week of Oct. 18th. I was just hoping I could find out more info on it. We are now a one car family as my wife already sold her GMC Envoy she is replacing with this vehicle. Obviously I don't have enough posts to get info from Cyberdman and am not just going to post "stuff" on here to qualify. But, again thanks for your help.

The date on your window sticker says Oct. 12. I have seen many window stickers online at various Lincoln dealerships with the same Oct .12 date, and all these vehicles are already in stock at the dealerships, in many different states, so to me it would appear that your mkx should have already been built and shipped to your dealer? What does this date on the sticker refer to?

The date on your window sticker says Oct. 12. I have seen many window stickers online at various Lincoln dealerships with the same Oct .12 date, and all these vehicles are already in stock at the dealerships, in many different states, so to me it would appear that your mkx should have already been built and shipped to your dealer? What does this date on the sticker refer to?

the date of 12 Oct 2010 is the invoice date. It is not the build date. Looking at this window sticker, the build date is not on there. The build date is in two places. On this particular sticker, but on all other, the build date is between OAK-000332IL and the table at the top. The other place it would be is down in the bottom right hand corner of the sticker.

If you look at my window sticker for my 2010 Explorer here you will see a set of number of "120090810 0114." This is the build date of my truck. You will see the same number in the bottom right hand corner. So as I worked with this forum and learning the window sticker, my truck was built on 10 Aug 2009. This number can also be found on the door sticker on my truck.

So if you look on your door sticker, you will be able to determine what day your car/truck was built.

I hope this helps everyone.

the date of 12 Oct 2010 is the invoice date. It is not the build date. Looking at this window sticker, the build date is not on there. The build date is in two places. On this particular sticker, but on all other, the build date is between OAK-000332IL and the table at the top. The other place it would be is down in the bottom right hand corner of the sticker.

If you look at my window sticker for my 2010 Explorer here you will see a set of number of "120090810 0114." This is the build date of my truck. You will see the same number in the bottom right hand corner. So as I worked with this forum and learning the window sticker, my truck was built on 10 Aug 2009. This number can also be found on the door sticker on my truck.

So if you look on your door sticker, you will be able to determine what day your car/truck was built.

I hope this helps everyone.

None of the Lincoln MKX window stickers seem to have any build dates, they are always blank on top where you suggest. I have been looking for a couple of months, and never seen it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

None of the Lincoln MKX window stickers seem to have any build dates, they are always blank on top where you suggest. I have been looking for a couple of months, and never seen it!

I've been poking around also. It seems once the vehicle hits the lot, the build dates disappear.

• 2 weeks later...

The Window sticker is usually not produced until about 2 weeks before being built.

so did your dealership give you an estimated week it would be built? If so, then look about 2 weeks before that week.

Okay thanks. Then it should be produced any day now because the dealer said it was scheduled for a Dec 13th build date.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay thanks. Then it should be produced any day now because the dealer said it was scheduled for a Dec 13th build date.

Does the Oakville plant not put build date codes on their window stickers?? The code isn't on the window stickers I've looked at on this thread. Yet on many other window stickers I've seen, the build date code is there right where its supposed to be. (In the header and in the lower right corner, page 1.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I am the only one on the other forum that requested tracking of a vehicle and never got a single reply. I don't mind getting involved in a forum IF I have something relevant to contribute, but just to add to my reply counter seems counter productive. I have been very excited looking forward to my new MKX and hoped to add to that excitement with a status update, but it is not going to happen apparently. (vin: 2LMDJ8JK7BBJ03835) I guess I am destined to wait for the salesman to call me.

Agree the 10 post rule doesn't make a lot of sense. Once I get my vehicle I hope to contribute more but don't have a lot to say right now.

Why don't they just let the general public have access to this information? This day and age it should be nothing to do that..

Because, technically, your dealer is the one that is supposed to be serving you directly, not Ford.

When you order an out of stock window from Home Depot, do you get calls from the window manufacturer? No

Does the window company let you look into their inventory records to see where your windows are? No.

Same thing. You have a question, go see Home Depot. THEY can tell you when it's expected in.

Same thing. A dealer has all the tools to keep you up to date, all you have to do is ask. If he can't tell you, he's not doing his job.

PS. Don't use FedEx, UPS or US Post as an example. They don't make crap, only ship it. They can only tell you where your package is after its landed on their lap, they can't tell you when the sender is going to make or sell what is being shipped.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

I purchased my MKx Nov 1st 2010, I was just called by my sales person, and supplied me my VIN! we are now end of January 2011. Meaning it's been 3 months.

Been very patient, now I've decided go check out the window sticker. Can I simply use url and append my VIN to get the informatoin sought?

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=2LMDJ8JK3BBJ18476

I get an error message:

The VIN entered was not found in our system. VIN requested is 2LMDJ8JK3BBJ18476.

after waiting this long, I wanted to make sure there was no error with my order....

What is the average wait time after we get our VIN numbers? (please do not tell me another 3 months)

If the outlined method above will not work, can someone provide?

Regards,

MkxTra

To track your vehicle use this site and add your VIN to the end.

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=

Good luck

Goatee, thank for the prompt reply.... I've tried your site and yields the same results:

The VIN entered was not found in our system. VIN requested is 2LMDJ8JK3BBJ18476.

I find it odd that I have a VIN yet it's not in our systems... :redcard:

If you are getting this answer. Your vehicle order has not been sent to the factory or the VIN is incorrect. Please go to the message forums on the Blueovalnews.com web page web page and then to vehicle locator section. The person who answers you seems very concerned about helping FMC customers.

If you are getting this answer. Your vehicle order has not been sent to the factory or the VIN is incorrect. Please go to the message forums on the Blueovalnews.com web page web page and then to vehicle locator section. The person who answers you seems very concerned about helping FMC customers.

The area is reserved for Ford Employees only. I'm only a standard customer .

It's my first experience buying with a FORD product. I was promised 6-8 weeks wait time and confirmed they had the allocation.

I'm now on my on my 14th week and wondering if I should cancel the entire deal?!

I never imagined buying a Ford was going to be such a complicated and frustrating experience.

In fact I considered the Lincoln Mkx because of the promised shorter wait time over an Audi Q5,,,,,,,,

What sales people will do for a sale, :blah: I can only start to wonder what the rest of my experience will be like once I do get the vechicule?

any help would be appreciated.

Signed worried.

It's ok if you only go under the vehicle tracking section only. Go for it. I am not a FMC employee and have been able to find out great information about my incoming Edge. Just follow the rules to the letter.

Edited by goatee