MILKEM12 Inaccurate about Healthcare Topic

1993Stang

I wanted to clear up again the banter of how inaccurate people perceive things to be when they don't have an ounce of fact to back up their statements. Again, another right winger just shooting his mouth off before finding out the TRUE FACTS!! He posted his nonsense that Mercy Hospital Partners were going out of business due to what he referred to as "ObamaCare" I love calling these wack jobs out, it is so much fun. If anyone would like to check the facts that I put out to debunk Milkem12 theory on how the Affordable Health Care is ruining Mercy, be my guest. This is a quote taken directly from their website

I quote the CEO of Mercy Hospital Partners, Ken Cook

"It was announced last week that their intention was to explore the sale of Mercy Hospital in Scranton, PA (our facilities)...the rationale for our initiative has been mischaracterized by certain politicized media outlets and SEVERELY distorted by special interest groups. It continues, discussions about mergers, acquisitions and strategic partnerships have been going on for years long before the AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE ACT (just in case you forgot what it is called)." It continues to say that it has been a challenging time for Mercy Health Partners, our staff, our community. We do however, continue to be encouraged by potential of HEALTH CARE REFORM to improve coverage and access to many more patients without access in our country. "

• Like 2

I wanted to clear up again the banter of how inaccurate people perceive things to be when they don't have an ounce of fact to back up their statements. Again, another right winger just shooting his mouth off before finding out the TRUE FACTS!! He posted his nonsense that Mercy Hospital Partners were going out of business due to what he referred to as "ObamaCare" I love calling these wack jobs out, it is so much fun. If anyone would like to check the facts that I put out to debunk Milkem12 theory on how the Affordable Health Care is ruining Mercy, be my guest. This is a quote taken directly from their website

"It was announced last week that their intention was to explore the sale of Mercy Hospital in Scranton, PA (our facilities)...the rationale for our initiative has been mischaracterized by certain politicized media outlets and SEVERELY distorted by special interest groups. It continues, discussions about mergers, acquisitions and strategic partnerships have been going on for years long before the AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE ACT (just in case you forgot what it is called)." It continues to say that it has been a challenging time for Mercy Health Partners, our staff, our community. We do however, continue to be encouraged by potential of HEALTH CARE REFORM to improve coverage and access to many more patients without access in our country. "

I'm glad to see you believe whatever a CEO tells you. I'm sure you'll feel the same way at contract time when Alan Mullay tells you that you need to give up more so the company can be more successful. You're one of the rare few who believe CEO spin.

• Like 2

I'm glad to see you believe whatever a CEO tells you. I'm sure you'll feel the same way at contract time when Alan Mullay tells you that you need to give up more so the company can be more successful. You're one of the rare few who believe CEO spin.

Not all CEOs are liars.

Edited by partsisparts
  • Like 2

Wow I post an article and say:

"thought every one woud be intersted in this.

http://biggovernment...ying-the-price/

and please dont tell me it can't happen to the UAW"

and I still say don't tell me it can't happen to the UAW!

try this one

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0510/37081.html

Wow I post an article and say:

"thought every one woud be intersted in this.

http://biggovernment...ying-the-price/

and please dont tell me it can't happen to the UAW"

and I still say don't tell me it can't happen to the UAW!

try this one

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0510/37081.html

Why open it if it is from politico? Why would you get any information from a source that leans one way or another?

I don't have to believe all CEO's but I understand how the medical field is in jeopardy and not by what you refer to as Obamacare, quite the opposite. How many times does your dentist call to try and get you into that all important chair now? Before no phone call. Why, because more people used to be insured years ago before they lost their jobs. Just like the medical profession. People will put off doctors appointments, dentist, blood tests, etc. because they used to have great health care coverage and now have none. That is why many hospitals want the HealthCare Reform bill. About Mercy, why would a CEO come to the defense of his hospital and blame spin on special interest groups just for the hell of it?? Most people, I assure you, are not the ones primarily voting democrat (it's a private catholic hospital). Think about the issues. So yes, I tend to believe the CEO that states his hospital has been in the red for years and probably lines up well with people losing their benefits long before the Obama Administration. Stop the continued spin when the facts come out and admit YOU WERE WRONG! Dig for facts on local company web sites. Look into the companies financials. What the hell does the CEO of Ford Motor have to do with Ken Cook's statement? Again, people with health care insurance keep the medical offices and hospitals open.

Why open it if it is from politico? Why would you get any information from a source that leans one way or another?

I don't have to believe all CEO's but I understand how the medical field is in jeopardy and not by what you refer to as Obamacare, quite the opposite. How many times does your dentist call to try and get you into that all important chair now? Before no phone call. Why, because more people used to be insured years ago before they lost their jobs. Just like the medical profession. People will put off doctors appointments, dentist, blood tests, etc. because they used to have great health care coverage and now have none. That is why many hospitals want the HealthCare Reform bill. About Mercy, why would a CEO come to the defense of his hospital and blame spin on special interest groups just for the hell of it?? Most people, I assure you, are not the ones primarily voting democrat (it's a private catholic hospital). Think about the issues. So yes, I tend to believe the CEO that states his hospital has been in the red for years and probably lines up well with people losing their benefits long before the Obama Administration. Stop the continued spin when the facts come out and admit YOU WERE WRONG! Dig for facts on local company web sites. Look into the companies financials. What the hell does the CEO of Ford Motor have to do with Ken Cook's statement? Again, people with health care insurance keep the medical offices and hospitals open.

You might not realize it but I scan several news serivices if you want the list I can give them to you and yes some are Liberal. I try to find the middle some where in between. But I have seen similar articles in business. I don't go to a labor sights!

Why did McDonalds say they would be dropping medical for their employees then the gov gives them a two year waiver. Last I heard 29 companies have been given these waivers. Why not all?

Why is Boeing Aircraft threartening the same thing in Washington state??

Look all I am saying is look around don't take the word of either side because chances are it, the truth, some where in the middle. Remember O said and congress said the healthcare would cost under a TRILLION dollars but somehow the OMB said, and quite conveinently after it was signed, that they missed the additional 115 billion for Admin costs.

the real problem is somebody has to pay and it will be US, thats you and me the middle class. Oh and of course the elderly since they raided medicare for 500mil. Where or when do we stop borrowing money to pay for all of these entitlements?? We are in debt to the tune of $13 trillion now and the number continues to grow.

Edited by mikem12