Just Purchased My Edge

jsabia85

Im new to the forum and I just wanted to let everyone know about 3 weeks ago I purchased my 2011 Ford Edge Limited Edition black on Black, I cannot wait to take delivery.

Congrats!! I'm in almost the same boat... ordered 2 weeks ago, and playing the waiting game. I also go the Limited; mine is in ingot silver with stone interior. Added the Nav, Driver Entry & BLIS, but no BAMR or upgraded wheels for me. Can't wait to get it!!

Im new to the forum and I just wanted to let everyone know about 3 weeks ago I purchased my 2011 Ford Edge Limited Edition black on Black, I cannot wait to take delivery.

New to the forum as well and custom ordered my edge as well. Got a SEL FWD with myFord touch and the towing package as we camp and haul up and down the mountains a lot. Congrats!

Howdy future Edge owners! I'm in a similar boat myself. Just waiting for the dealer I'm working with to get a Sport in stock that I can test drive back-to-back with a Limited before I commit. Looking forward to getting an up-and-close look!

We based our initial decision to purchase off test driving a 2010. Once we had already ordered, the local dealer got some 2011s in and we got to sit inside and check it out. Couldn't test drive it as it was buried 10 cars deep in their back lot but the interior and the rest was so much more refined than the 2010. Unfortunately, neither the salesman nor I could figure out how to work the myFord Touch which was a major bummer since I love tech stuff but I have gotten my fill from the videos online. Here is to hoping it works as easily as it shows in those videos.

Unfortunately, neither the salesman nor I could figure out how to work the myFord Touch which was a major bummer since I love tech stuff but I have gotten my fill from the videos online. Here is to hoping it works as easily as it shows in those videos.

I've heard that the software runs a bit slow sometimes, but that overall it is an awesome package. It will definitely take some time to get it all down and customized the way you want it. Hopefully they release updates in the future to address the slowness issues.

I've heard that the software runs a bit slow sometimes, but that overall it is an awesome package. It will definitely take some time to get it all down and customized the way you want it. Hopefully they release updates in the future to address the slowness issues.

I'd figure it would run slow at start up as it needs to boot but I hope its not too terribly laggy while loaded up. At least they are FREE updates!!! Thank you Ford and MS for not gouging us for updates!

I'd figure it would run slow at start up as it needs to boot but I hope its not too terribly laggy while loaded up. At least they are FREE updates!!! Thank you Ford and MS for not gouging us for updates!

It does work rather well for a new system and updates will only make the system better. I have now had my limited about 6 weeks and LOVE IT! Just don't expect it to be an iPod and you won't be overly discouraged.

Good luck on your wait and enjoy.

I've seen a couple of 2011's on the road recently. They really stand out in a good way.. One was Kona Blue SEL, the other a Silver Limited. Both looked great.

Yay! I ordered a silver Limited... haven't seen one yet... can't wait!! (OK, I guess I can wait, because I have to... but you know what I mean. :)