5th Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package

glenndibler

When you buy the hitch itself it will come with a booklet, although its not the clearest description. I haven't bought my fifthwheel (trailer) yet, but when I do I plan on having the dealer double check it and go over it with me. Since its basically a reese elite I'm thinking most rv dealers should be familiar with it. Overall I'm a huge fan of the gooseneck setup, so much simpler!

• 4 weeks later...

Found this on Ford's updated order guide:

The prep package is also compatible with Reese® Elite Series and

Signature Series hitch kits updated with a new Leg Service Kit (Part #BC3Z-A00A25-A).

Hopefully thats the part your looking for!

So this isn't actually a gooseneck hitch, but makes the truck ready for it?

So this isn't actually a gooseneck hitch, but makes the truck ready for it?

You'll have to forgive my lack of knowledge in this department as I'm new to 5th wheels (but not trailers). I got the 5th wheel prep package on my '11 F-350 (along with the hitch) and it came with a Reese 25k 5er hitch but nothing for a gooseneck setup. I do have a 3-4" hole (that's capped) in the center of the bed for a gooseneck setup though.

The prep package from the factory basically does just that - it preps your truck for a fifth wheel AND/OR a gooseneck hitch. Both have to be ordered separate from the prep package. You don't need that leg kit for the gooseneck set up (thats just to adapt older Reese fifth wheels you might already own) , just the kit from Ford for about $300.00 which comes with the 2 5/16" ball for the center and tie down hooks that go into 2 of the 4 outer holes.

• 1 month later...