ball joint/control arm failure

JonathandD

Does anyone know why part # mcsoe46 and mcsoe47 have been replaced by number mcsoe91 and mcsoe122 ?? and now I've been told they are longer being serviced by Motorcraft parts and are a" Ford dealer only" part. Is there a problem that we Mustang owners should know about. I read a TSB about a change in ball joint shaft diameter -18mm to 19mm. This was in regards to noise from the hydro bushing.. If there isn't a basic defect --why replace a part twice with in 3 years??? is this problem going to be resulting in a recall ??? I currently work for a motorcraft distributor and can't get the parts to replace mine.

Does anyone know why part # mcsoe46 and mcsoe47 have been replaced by number mcsoe91 and mcsoe122 ?? and now I've been told they are longer being serviced by Motorcraft parts and are a" Ford dealer only" part. Is there a problem that we Mustang owners should know about. I read a TSB about a change in ball joint shaft diameter -18mm to 19mm. This was in regards to noise from the hydro bushing.. If there isn't a basic defect --why replace a part twice with in 3 years??? is this problem going to be resulting in a recall ??? I currently work for a motorcraft distributor and can't get the parts to replace mine.

I am entirely guessing here, but ford could be consolidating part numbers to the latest version of the LCA, which has a number of reinforcements that aren't present on the previous versions.