2010 ford tick

cornbread95

I ve got a 2010 f150 4x4 with a 4.6l motor it has a tick that sounds like a bad lifter,dealer said "its just the ford tick" wth. can any one give me a phone# for complaints and quality concerns. ive made two payments and am not very happy, i also have a 1998 f150 4x4 with the same motor and 234000 miles that doesnt have a tick, so the ford tick is not acceptable to me!!!

Good luck dealing with the Dealerships, they don't help our cause a whole lot. The public has to deal with these people and when they get mis-treated, it reflects on all of us. Our dealerships need to get organized (union) very few are. I don't like dealing with them and I'm an employee, imagine how our customers feel. Parts & labor are too much a tune up for a 4 cyl Ranger $200 thats pretty expensive and can find somewhere else for about half that price. I had to replace an alternator and it cost $330, the part was only $100, $230 diagnostic & labor way too much.

I ve got a 2010 f150 4x4 with a 4.6l motor it has a tick that sounds like a bad lifter,dealer said "its just the ford tick" wth. can any one give me a phone# for complaints and quality concerns. ive made two payments and am not very happy, i also have a 1998 f150 4x4 with the same motor and 234000 miles that doesnt have a tick, so the ford tick is not acceptable to me!!!

If I were you , I might start by taking it to another dealership. Hopefully you'll get an explanation that is more satisfactory. And remember to keep all your documentation from your visits to the dealership just in case the problem persists...or worsens. The number for the Ford Customer Relations Center in the U.S. is 800-392-3673 , and in Canada 800 -565-4673. Both are available during normal business hours. You may be able to get better information at Ford.com. Good luck.

". Parts & labor are too much a tune up for a 4 cyl Ranger $200 thats pretty expensive and can find somewhere else for about half that price. I had to replace an alternator and it cost $330, the part was only $100, $230 diagnostic & labor way too much."

And yet the public complains about overpaid / underworked autoworkers. Had a dealer rep tell me once that at 20 bucks an hour (or less in some cases} that I'm overpaid. I said "compared to who, the dealer that gets 80 bucks an hour for repairs?" Now I'm an overpaid, underworked, smartass autoworker. I'm steppin' up!

call customer relations first and you might try a different dealership

i have a 4.6 and it has no ford tick

I agree with taking it to another dealer. I would also recommend talking to your Dealer Panel Rep in your plant. I have found that they can get dealerships motivated to help when the right phone calls are made. Good Luck with your issue!!

Does it occur all the time? Only at certain temperatures or on acceleration? My first thought before opening the thread was spark knock.

There is a TSB, (#10-18-4, low frequency knocking noise from the engine at hot idle only), that your truck may fall under. It states "vehicles equipped with a 4.6L 3V or 5.4 3V may exhibit a low frequency knocking noise from the engine at hot idle only. The noise is predominately heard from the right front wheel well area and/or the right hand (RH) engine cam cover. This noise may be generated from the RH variable camshaft timing (VCT) phaser assembly." Ask your dealer if this TSB applies to your truck.

There is a TSB, (#10-18-4, low frequency knocking noise from the engine at hot idle only), that your truck may fall under. It states "vehicles equipped with a 4.6L 3V or 5.4 3V may exhibit a low frequency knocking noise from the engine at hot idle only. The noise is predominately heard from the right front wheel well area and/or the right hand (RH) engine cam cover. This noise may be generated from the RH variable camshaft timing (VCT) phaser assembly." Ask your dealer if this TSB applies to your truck.

Great information, but if the knocking is not caused by the camshaft timing, this will give the dealer an excuse. Saying the problem is a ford tick sounds like this particular dealer doesn't care. A different dealer sounds like the best route.