N av. Information screen goes Black

The other day - I was driving normally - all of a sudden - the screen (Nav, Radio, Climate, Phone) goes black - no radio - NOTHING - it stays that way for about 15 minutes- I park the car thinking something may need to be restarted - come back 10 minutes later - same thing - Black Screen - no power at all - I continued driving - thinking I should call my local dealer to have it looked at - and then suddenly - the word SYNC appears - also saying its updating - that took about 5 minutes - then everything came back to life.

I would think Ford might issue a notice that this may happen - so people dont think its really broken !

One other problem I have had with the vehicle - when leaving it at an airport -where they park the car themselves, when they turn off the Ignition -(push button) - it still leaves the lights on for about 30 seconds - thats cool - but the people at the airport try to turn the lights off- and mistakenly -leave them on - then its got a dead battery 3 days later ! If there was a way to turn off everything lights too when the ignition is turned off - it might solve the problem. Nothing like arriving at a airport - seeing the hood up on your new car - and hearing it has a low or dead battery -

Phil

I've had mine shut down on me twice since I bought it. I'm hoping the update that was just released addresses this issue. The voice command on mine seems to be a bit hesitant at times too. A couple times I've prompted it to play an artist or song from my iPod, the friendly lady answers and says it's playing, but it doesn't. It just pauses the current song....and pauses more....and pauses more. In one case, it eventually played the song about 2 minutes later. The last time it happened, I had to disconnect my iPod and reconnect it for it to work again. :censored:

As for the other part, I don't think there is much you can do. You can change the amount of time the headlights stay on if you have autolamp enabled, but I don't think you can do anything about the parking lights remaining on for 30 seconds.