Why can't Ford....??

OK so this year i have has 3 rental cars (2 non-Ford's) that have designs/features that Ford (at least my 2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer V8) does not have and honestly.... it should have.

The comparision vehicles...

2006 Cadillac DTS

2006 Dodge Magnum SE (Base/rental)

Features/designs...

==> Quick lane change signal functionality... simply tap (not hold) the turn signal stalk/lever for left or right and the signal will automatically flash 3-4 times.

==> Dash LED's for radio and other displays both GM and Chrysler seem to understand there may be times that in DAYLIGHT you may want/need to turn on your headlights and still want to be able to read your stereo display / time. GM and DCX must have a "magical sensor" so that those LED's stay lit up brightly enough to still maintain that visual quality/brightness, but of course dim in the dark.... Ford is missing this too.

You may say, ya know those are small things, but I want to tell you, they add up to the overall experience.

Sure the Caddy is $10k more than my Explorer and that Magnum was $10k LESS than my Explorer.

Would these things make me change vehicles? No,

Would they go into the consideration/decision of the next vehicle purchase? Certainly.

Ford, please listen to your customer's feedback. I know you have heard from some about the "difficult" handles in the 2006 Explorers (thou I am not one of them) and are making changes for 2007.

Edited by tofer

OK so this year i have has 3 rental cars (2 non-Ford's) that have designs/features that Ford (at least my 2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer V8) does not have and honestly.... it should have.

The comparision vehicles...

2006 Cadillac DTS

2006 Dodge Magnum SE (Base/rental)

Features/designs...

==> Quick lane change signal functionality... simply tap (not hold) the turn signal stalk/lever for left or right and the signal will automatically flash 3-4 times.

==> Dash LED's for radio and other displays both GM and Chrysler seem to understand there may be times that in DAYLIGHT you may want/need to turn on your headlights and still want to be able to read your stereo display / time. GM and DCX must have a "magical sensor" so that those LED's stay lit up brightly enough to still maintain that visual quality/brightness, but of course dim in the dark.... Ford is missing this too.

You may say, ya know those are small things, but I want to tell you, they add up to the overall experience.

Sure the Caddy is $10k more than my Explorer and that Magnum was $10k LESS than my Explorer.

Would these things make me change vehicles? No,

Would they go into the consideration/decision of the next vehicle purchase? Certainly.

Ford, please listen to your customer's feedback. I know you have heard from some about the "difficult" handles in the 2006 Explorers (thou I am not one of them) and are making changes for 2007.

good points. are there any features on the explorer that you do not find on the others.

good points. are there any features on the explorer that you do not find on the others.

As i have not driven them in a while..... (other SUV's)

Ford has the strong V8 and nice and the interior is nice and quiet for sure.

Outside entry keypad, there is something that you don't get with the others :runaway: