3.5 EB build questions

BS Racing

I have a question about the 3.5L EB Build and price on the ford web site.

when you change motors from a 5.0 the tow rating only calls out 8400 but if you switch to the 6.2L then go to the 3.5L EB the tow rating is 11300.

What gives is this just a glitch in the system?

I am thinking of getting a EB powered F150 but only if it has the 11300 tow rating.

If I can only get 8000 pound rating I will have to get a Superduty.

I have a question about the 3.5L EB Build and price on the ford web site.

when you change motors from a 5.0 the tow rating only calls out 8400 but if you switch to the 6.2L then go to the 3.5L EB the tow rating is 11300.

What gives is this just a glitch in the system?

I am thinking of getting a EB powered F150 but only if it has the 11300 tow rating.

If I can only get 8000 pound rating I will have to get a Superduty.

You have to also choose the max tow package with the EB to get to 11,300. It can be had with or without that package. The 6.2 is only available with the max tow package so it automatically configures the truck with it.

You have to also choose the max tow package with the EB to get to 11,300. It can be had with or without that package. The 6.2 is only available with the max tow package so it automatically configures the truck with it.

It does not give the Max tow package option until I select the 6.2L and then go back to the 3.5L EB. The zip code I am using is 98208.

Edited by BS Racing

It does not give the Max tow package option until I select the 6.2L and then go back to the 3.5L EB. The zip code I am using is 98208.

You select Max Tow later in the build process when using the Ecoboost. As already posted, you have the option with the 3.5 but with the 6.2 you don't so the max tow is added up front.

You select Max Tow later in the build process when using the Ecoboost. As already posted, you have the option with the 3.5 but with the 6.2 you don't so the max tow is added up front.

:confused::angry2::banghead:

Ok I will try pictures.

1st picture going straight from 5.0 to 3.5 EB

See no Max tow package option.

EBBuild.jpg.

2nd picture after going to 6.2 then back to 3.5 EB Max tow package now available.

EBBuild1.jpg

Some people may be mislead by the lack of the Max tow in the first build &price pic and think they have to get the 6.2 .

Make sure you are selecting the 3.73LS rear axle on the first page where you are selecting the engine. Its optional (but required for Max Tow) on the Ecoboost. Its standard on the 6.2, so its probably changing to that one when you select 6.2 first then go to the EB. If you go straight to the EB, its leaving it with the 3.55 axle, so the Max Trailer Tow isn't available.

Edited by netvandal

Make sure you are selecting the 3.73LS rear axle on the first page where you are selecting the engine. Its optional (but required for Max Tow) on the Ecoboost. Its standard on the 6.2, so its probably changing to that one when you select 6.2 first then go to the EB. If you go straight to the EB, its leaving it with the 3.55 axle, so the Max Trailer Tow isn't available.

OK IMO then they should have a ! in the axle, or have the Max tow package as an option with the caveat of the required differential gearing in the Packages page. :idea: