vinyl instead of cloth

blue blood mustangman

Likely because it was a very low take option when it was offered on those trim levels -- sort of like cloth seats in a Cobra. They became standard leather because nobody ordered them with cloth.

Not a fan of the cloth due to the fact that it seems to attract all of the cottonwood tree and dandelion fuzz while the top is up. Seems you need to take a lint roller to them. Not so with the vinyl.

Was told they are taken off line to have the roof cut off and the vert tops put on. Would seem I could just swap one for the other without a problem. Still trying to make it happen. Will let you all know.

Not a fan of the cloth due to the fact that it seems to attract all of the cottonwood tree and dandelion fuzz while the top is up. Seems you need to take a lint roller to them. Not so with the vinyl.

Was told they are taken off line to have the roof cut off and the vert tops put on. Would seem I could just swap one for the other without a problem. Still trying to make it happen. Will let you all know.

They are manufactured as separate convertible bodies. You certainly could always swap a vinyl roof in place of the cloth if you wanted to.

My advice to you would be to never listen to this person again.

That advice came from a Ford salesperson. Not representing the company very well. Probably just lazy and didn't want to do the work it took to find out if we could get it the way we want. Won't be ordering thru them, for sure.

Called AAI direct and we were assured it would be done. And you are correct, they (convertibles) are sent down the line along with the coupes.

Thanks.