oakville summer shutdown 2011

Why would you have a shut down when Edge supply is so short?

Every plant has a summer shutdown and a Christmas shutdown. Both are used for routine maintenance and to get ready for the next model year. The summer shutdown used to be the first two full weeks of July, but Ford has split those up in recent years because revenue is booked when a car is produced, not sold to dealers.

This is why I wanted this moved to the employee section. This has nothing to do with the consumer, but the workers.

I am at St. Thomas. We will only have 1 week for shutdown. It will be the first full week in July. We are tentatively closing September 16, 2011. OAC, I believe has the first full weeks in July and August off as it stands. It wil not be official until April 1.

Thanks for the reply. That sucks that you guys are closing. A lot of our work will be going away as well. I am just trying to make some early vacation plans for summer. I figure we will do whatever oakville and st thomas does.if oakville is down in august and your not, we will probably just have a layoff.