2011 F150 Remote start/alarm. Anyone got detailed info?

mikesxpress

I ordered my 2011 F150 XLT SuperCab Long bed 3.73 with EcoBoost and the remote start. was not an option for my package.

Just gleening info from the various posts I have found and am asking for info on the Ford remote start.

What I have heard from the dealer:

1. The Ford remote start comes with a 2nd FOB you have to carry in addition to the lock/unlock FOB.

2. The Ford remote start only starts the trucks and you can not run the heat/defrost or any other accessories.

I am also looking for a solution that will allow me to have the remote start/one FOB/operate heat/defrost/have an alarm function.

Installed price and brand.

Thanks, Mike

I ordered my 2011 F150 XLT SuperCab Long bed 3.73 with EcoBoost and the remote start. was not an option for my package.

Just gleening info from the various posts I have found and am asking for info on the Ford remote start.

What I have heard from the dealer:

1. The Ford remote start comes with a 2nd FOB you have to carry in addition to the lock/unlock FOB.

2. The Ford remote start only starts the trucks and you can not run the heat/defrost or any other accessories.

I am also looking for a solution that will allow me to have the remote start/one FOB/operate heat/defrost/have an alarm function.

Installed price and brand.

Thanks, Mike

I for one would like to know just how they made it so the heater/AC,radio, what ever you had on and set when you shut the truck off NOT work.

When every other vehicle I have is started with the remote everything runs as normal.

this site says it is 1 FOB don't know yet :drool: haven't got mine even ordered yet.

http://www.f150online.com/forums/2009-2011-f-150/436061-2011-remote-start-key-fob.html

Heck I didn't even know F150s came with even the option of remote start. :finger:

Edited by BS Racing

For 2011, the factory remote start/alarm is an all in one key and will control the heated/cooled seats and rear defrost, but is available only on FX4 and up. f150online has some posts on adding a starter for trucks that didn't have one.

Edited by Bryan1

For 2011, the factory remote start/alarm is an all in one key and will control the heated/cooled seats and rear defrost, but is available only on FX4 and up. f150online has some posts on adding a starter for trucks that didn't have one.

You can also add the factory remote start it as an aftermarket option. Part number:

BC3Z-19G364-A

Also requires a hood switch. Part number:

BL3Z-19G366-A

Most likely would need to have dealer install because I think the computer has to be reprogrammed to work with it.