5.0 L reg cab vs ecoboost supercab

denp

OK ! I`m ready to order my new beast this week, but I`m still undecided. My choices :

2011 f150 reg cab 6.5 f box 5.0 L off road package

2011 f150 supercab 6.5 f box ecoboost max towing package

Which one should be the best performer light to light ? How the 5.0 will be on gas vs the ecoboost.

I`ve always had reg cab trucks for 25 years, just afraid that the 19 inches more on the supercab make me feel like a bus driver !!

OK ! I`m ready to order my new beast this week, but I`m still undecided. My choices :

Which one should be the best performer light to light ? How the 5.0 will be on gas vs the ecoboost.

I`ve always had reg cab trucks for 25 years, just afraid that the 19 inches more on the supercab make me feel like a bus driver !!

Personally, I'd go with the regular cab and 5.0. There's already aftermarket bolt-ons aplenty for the 5.0, and it'll sound way better with dual exhaust.

Supercrew 6.5 box and Ecoboost max tow pkg.

Do I need to get a bus license? I went with the EB Supercab with the 8ft box. I have a 8ft box on current truck ( 59 chevy) and I love that capacity. Looking at review on line saw that 7.8% of new trucks last year were reg cab and most were fleets, so while I don;t need the extra seat myself ( empty nester) I got the SC anyway... besides more room for stuff on trips without having to stop and get in the box.

Anyway, that was my logic ( or lack thereof) at the time I signed up.

Wade Chandler

Cumming , GA

Well I am like you. I went with a SC, 8ft. box, and ecoboost. I think it is the best combo. If you got a Dodge or Toyota you would have some space behind the seats in the reg. but the Dodges got smaller with this last cycle as well. Its funny. Since the dealers all get four doors and small boxes and that is mainly all anybody can just walk up and buy they have forced a four door market...and they make about 10K more on average. I know not everybody feels this way but I can't tell you how many guys I know wish they had an 8' box. Also when you go to trade them in or sell them all kinds of guys are all over you so they can convert them to flat beds etc.

I think the SC is a nice average. It always has made for a long pickup, but also the longest wheelbase with the best ride. Now four door long bed...well. I can also put a fuel tank in that puppy and still easily haul my Dakar with the tailgate up....now that is a truck...not a woosy ass wannabe:) But hey I realize a lot of you guys just want a macho car and it makes sense.

You can go to Ford now and buid a supercab long box and see what you think...I think in the right color and with this body style's tight look it comes out pretty sharp. Furthermore it makes you pretty unique among the crowd.

Well I am like you. I went with a SC, 8ft. box, and ecoboost. I think it is the best combo. If you got a Dodge or Toyota you would have some space behind the seats in the reg. but the Dodges got smaller with this last cycle as well. Its funny. Since the dealers all get four doors and small boxes and that is mainly all anybody can just walk up and buy they have forced a four door market...and they make about 10K more on average. I know not everybody feels this way but I can't tell you how many guys I know wish they had an 8' box. Also when you go to trade them in or sell them all kinds of guys are all over you so they can convert them to flat beds etc.

I think the SC is a nice average. It always has made for a long pickup, but also the longest wheelbase with the best ride. Now four door long bed...well. I can also put a fuel tank in that puppy and still easily haul my Dakar with the tailgate up....now that is a truck...not a woosy ass wannabe:) But hey I realize a lot of you guys just want a macho car and it makes sense.

You can go to Ford now and buid a supercab long box and see what you think...I think in the right color and with this body style's tight look it comes out pretty sharp. Furthermore it makes you pretty unique among the crowd.

This will be my first supercab since I have been driving Ford trucks since 1979. I made the decision for several reasons- (1) as was mentioned hardly no one buys a regular cab anymore so demand and therefore resale value is less (2) next to impossible to find one on a lot( 3) I use my truck as my farm work truck as well as grocery getter, etc. I am tired of leaving the grocery store, getting home and finding my groceries scattered all over the bed. (4) If you go shopping in more than one store their is no secure place to lock up your stuff. (5) If needed more than 3 can ride in the truck.

I figure to leave the toolbox out of the bed and put my tools under the rear seat. That will give me about the same lenght of bed that I had with a 8' bed. If I need more can leave the tailgate down or go hitch up the 20' gooseneck flatbed.

The F150 Supercab with the 6.5' bed is actually longer than my F250 with the 8' bed. I think that driving a SCAB with a 8' bed would be like parking a limo.

This will be my first supercab since I have been driving Ford trucks since 1979. I made the decision for several reasons- (1) as was mentioned hardly no one buys a regular cab anymore so demand and therefore resale value is less (2) next to impossible to find one on a lot( 3) I use my truck as my farm work truck as well as grocery getter, etc. I am tired of leaving the grocery store, getting home and finding my groceries scattered all over the bed. (4) If you go shopping in more than one store their is no secure place to lock up your stuff. (5) If needed more than 3 can ride in the truck.

I figure to leave the toolbox out of the bed and put my tools under the rear seat. That will give me about the same lenght of bed that I had with a 8' bed. If I need more can leave the tailgate down or go hitch up the 20' gooseneck flatbed.

The F150 Supercab with the 6.5' bed is actually longer than my F250 with the 8' bed. I think that driving a SCAB with a 8' bed would be like parking a limo.

I'll let you know how it parks when it finally shows up. I don't think you can go wrong, no matter which model FORD you get..

• 2 weeks later...

What site has the order percentages?

quote name='wades67' timestamp='1297815146' post='678854']

Do I need to get a bus license? I went with the EB Supercab with the 8ft box. I have a 8ft box on current truck ( 59 chevy) and I love that capacity. Looking at review on line saw that 7.8% of new trucks last year were reg cab and most were fleets, so while I don;t need the extra seat myself ( empty nester) I got the SC anyway... besides more room for stuff on trips without having to stop and get in the box.

Anyway, that was my logic ( or lack thereof) at the time I signed up.

Wade Chandler

Cumming , GA

I mainly got a pickup for better 4x4 handling than my old '99 RAV4/2 and better towing ability - I towed a 8,000 pound trailer several times with the RAV4, and it was NOT HAPPY. This is possibly due to the RAV4/2 only being rated for 1,500 pounds.

So, I went with what gave the best off-road (For winter weather) and towing abilities - Ecoboost SuperCab with 6.5' bed, gives 11,300 pound towing capacity and 3.73 electronic rear locker.

Also, it was $3,000 cheaper than the SuperCrew - which pushed me FIRMLY towards the SuperCab :)

I drive a 2000 F150 Super cab and like it. I test drove the 2011 5.0 and Ecoboost Screw and the 3.5L blew me away! After the ever so slight turbo lag, the power and accelleration was awesome. Drove my wife nuts when she rode in it with me - I kept hammering the joy-pedal just to feel the power! I had her hammer on it in the lot while I was outside just so I could hear the turbos winding. I opted to go with the screw because I love that the back seats fold up creating a "covered bed" to haul stuff I don't want blowing away or getting wet. Actually a lot of area there. Now I'm just waiting for it to be built and delivered.