Will the KC plant be building any EB F150's?

BigDKC

Hey guys, sorry if the is dumb post or if it has been beaten to death but I couldn't find it browsing..

I am trying to find out if the Kansas City plant will be building any of the F150's with the ecoboost engine? If so any idea when they will start? Or have they already?

General browsing of other forums has not turned this info up, so I turned to here to hopefully get the scoop. My dealer said his understanding was that right now all EB F150's were coming out of Dearborn and he didn't have any info on if/when they would be built in KC.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for the info! That is great news!

Can you tell me what the criteria would be that designates where a retail ordered truck is built if it could be built in more then one location?

As you can see I am local here in the KC metro area. I just ordered an EB F150 FX4 on 2/5/11. According to my dealer it is currently "previewing today for a 3/7/11 build week" whatever that means exactly..?

I would love to find out my truck is being built at the plant here by the local guys & gals! I'm guessing that would surely shorten up the transit/delivery times as well!!

How long before you got you VIN, I ordered a XLT Eco SC longbed on 1-29 and as of today still no VIN

Wade Chandler

McDonough,GA

FYI...we ordered our Platinum EB on 02-12-11 and got our VIN yesterday (02-17-11). Ours is going to be a Dearborn truck according to the VIN decoder on the Ford Fleet site.

Eric

Eric,

Just to keep this in focus. Apparently your truck is a short box. The 8' boxes are the ecoboosts that are only being built in Kansas City, MO. The other ones from Dearborn have been shipping for a while now and I would imagine if you order what they are making you will get a VIN number fairly quick.

So here is the question. Anyone who has ordered a Reg or SC with ecoboost AND 8' box received a VIN number yet? Mine has been "accepted" but then things stopped.

I'm feeling your pain. I'm buying a dealer order. Dealer put the order in on 1/17, I "bought" it on 1/24ish. Still sitting in scheduled/clean hell. Hoping it moves soon. I don't what part of the wait is longer- waiting for a VIN/build date (4+ weeks) or the wait after I know the truck is built and sitting in some factory lot waiting for a ride home (?? weeks). I think it is harder on my wife as she has to hear talk about every day.

I think it is harder on my wife as she has to hear talk about every day.

Once the wife admitted all she hears is blah, blah, blah when I talk about my plans, I just quit talking about them. That includes my truck. Now she gets irritated when I seemingly spontaneously go out and buy a major purchase after telling her about it once.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered on 3-2-11. Sounds like a long wait for me.

I went in this weekend to test drive a truck with the same engine rear combo on the one I ordered. One of the sales managers said it will probably another 6-8 weeks before Ford even does anything with my truck. It is coming from the KC plant.

• 3 weeks later...

Does where you live affect where your truck is built? I'm in Oklahoma so it would seem that KC would be the logical choice. Earlier in this thread I read where only 8ft beds were being built in KC. Is that still the case or are other model/option also being built? I've ordered a Lariat supercrew ecoboost on 3/7 and would hope that KC would provide a shorter shipping time when the build is completed.