Once a VIN# is obtained

blownblu03

Once the dealer issues me the VIN to my car, is it possible for me to track the build or can a dealer only do this? I know when I had my 08 BMW 335i built in Germany, I was able to track the entire process right from the web.

You can track it a few ways, but not on the web. Blueoval Forums has a vehicle tracking section, but you need at least 10 posts to use. It's done through the generosity of a Ford employees on this forum. Don't expect daily updates as I would imagine he gets barraged with hundreds of requests a day.

Ford Customer service can do it as well, and of course the dealer. You don't need a VIN to get tracked. All you need is order number, dealer number and body type (Mustangs GTs are P8C. I think the convertibles are P8F. There's also P8A. I think that's a V6 but I might be wrong).

• 3 weeks later...

You can track it a few ways, but not on the web. Blueoval Forums has a vehicle tracking section, but you need at least 10 posts to use. It's done through the generosity of a Ford employees on this forum. Don't expect daily updates as I would imagine he gets barraged with hundreds of requests a day.

Ford Customer service can do it as well, and of course the dealer. You don't need a VIN to get tracked. All you need is order number, dealer number and body type (Mustangs GTs are P8C. I think the convertibles are P8F. There's also P8A. I think that's a V6 but I might be wrong).

I too plan to use the vehicle tracking section once I get my VIN from the dealer however, I still need 9 more posts....LOL.

I ordered a new 2012 Boss Mustang but everything about this car I've found to be difficult to get information on. Best of luck with your order.

10 posts? Good to know. Guess i''m right behind you suprmn? 9 to go!

Grabber,

I am unsure as to why we have to post 10 times before we can make a tracking request but its part of the forum rules. When did you order your car and have you gotten a VIN yet?

I ordered my 2012 Boss on February 14 and have been told by my salesman the vehicle is on "Material Hold" with no VIN.

I ordered my 2012 Boss on February 14 and have been told by my salesman the vehicle is on "Material Hold" with no VIN.

The Bosses are not allocated like normal orders and are pulled directly by the Zone rep.

What you need to find out first is what quarter your dealer has allocation in. No use checking now if your dealer has a Q4 build.

I ordered mine on 02/12/11 but the salesperson said it wouldn't go out until the following Tuesday which was 02/15/11. I emailed the salesperson last night and asked him if there was a VIN yet and he replied this morning that there was not. If I would've known that it was gonna take longer than they said I might've ordered a BOSS like you. It seems like I have extra time to save more money. I guess i'll just use it on extras I plan on putting in to it.

The Bosses are not allocated like normal orders and are pulled directly by the Zone rep.

What you need to find out first is what quarter your dealer has allocation in. No use checking now if your dealer has a Q4 build.

Sparky,

I am told my dealer has it as a 3rd quarter allocation but was placed with another Boss order which was a 2nd quarter allocation. He has put a "priority" on both the order but I honestly do not know what/if any pull he has.

If anyone has any insight as to when 3rd quarter builds will take place that would be great. I am patient but do not want to bug my salesman every other day or week with questions. Trying to use several forums to gather information.