mud flaps

t-roy

I am thinking about putting on some mud flaps when my truck gets delivered. I am not sure what type to get..................... the hard plastic or the rubber type. I live in minnesota so would the hard plastic type collect snow?

I've had the hard plastic units for years on my f150 and they are fine in snow. Bud I'd go with the Husky mud guards vs. the Ford units. The Ford flaps are not as sturdy and are prone to break. (as I've seen on many trucks)

I am thinking about putting on some mud flaps when my truck gets delivered. I am not sure what type to get..................... the hard plastic or the rubber type. I live in minnesota so would the hard plastic type collect snow?

I have always had the Ford hard molded mud flaps on my ford trucks and cars. I live in the adirondacks of NY, and travel in snowy roads almost everyday during the winter months and have never had a issue with any of them. They also look great on the vehicles!!!

I like the fords cause they are a little wider towards mid truck. But my dad has had 2 break, my uncle 1 and others I know have had them break or tear. Thinner material. Dealer says its not uncommon. At least for guys that take it off pavement. Farmers etc...

Oh and I'm up here north of Minnesota.

If the Ranger is any indication, EVERYTHING on the truck will collect snow. The bumpers collect snow, the mudflaps collect snow, the running boards collect snow, the grill, the bed - basically, everything but the cab. If you get a good solid freeze after the snow storm (Pretty typical for this area), hopefully you have a buddy with a heated garage that will let you thaw your truck out.

I had a really cool picture of the entire front of the truck frosted over driving from Minneapolis to Chicago at one time, traded that phone in long ago.