F150 THUMP WHEN AT A STOP ...IS THIS NORMAL ?

xtrer

JUST purchased a 2011 Crew Cab 4x4 - ONLY 500 KM ON IT SO FAR. As mentioned in earlier posts - love the power and the sound. Just a quick question in which I appreciate some input. Sometimes - when I come to a stop I feel a little clunk - as if the truck jerks or wants to lung forward. Don't know if it's the brakes, something about the electronic transmission, or the driveline.......... Does anyone else notice this - is it normal, and if not what can it be?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Edited by xtrer

Could it be the torque convertor unlocking when you are coming to a stop?

[/quot

Don't know. I have read on several other forums - people having trouble with the slip yoke and/or not enough grease on the spline in the drive shaft. After digging around, it seems many 2010 had this issue - especially with the Raptors.

I just hate to bring in a new truck for service already.

I have to be honest - I found the quality of material and especially the fit and finish much better in my 2001 Ford. Just my observation.

[Don't know. I have read on several other forums - people having trouble with the slip yoke and/or not enough grease on the spline in the drive shaft. After digging around, it seems many 2010 had this issue - especially with the Raptors.

I just hate to bring in a new truck for service already.

I have to be honest - I found the quality of material and especially the fit and finish much better in my 2001 Ford. Just my observation.

That was exactly the sound I had with my 99 Explorer. Slipped back the boot on the rear shaft and packed it with a high quality grease. In a few miles it was gone.

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is talked about ion almost every F-150 forum at length. This, along with a harsh 1-2 and 2-1 shift on the 6 speed auto transmission is a common complaint. I had the same issue on my FX4. I went through a PMC reflash twice. Ford says its normal....You will fight this until you are crazy. I say just drive it until you can't stand it. then take it in and have the PCM reflashed. Check the other forums. My only caution about reading forums is that you tend to draw yourself into the symptoms. Drive the truck and enjoy it, but that is always easier said when you are not behind the wheel, so I know how you feel. Been there....

Edited by FLA-SVT