Protest and Rally

snoopy

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

This was sent to me by Gary Walkowicz and He wanted me to share it with you.

Did you hear - - Governor Snyder wants concessions in the amount of $180 million which is at least $3,600 per person. While you are doing the work of two (2) or three (3) people, they want to cut your pay and benefits. Can you afford to let them take $3,600 on top of everything else we've lost? If this makes you angry you need to be here! Snyder and his political friends want to tax the pensions of your parents and grandparents (and you, when you retire). If that makes you angry you need to be here! They want to take away Homestead Property Tax Credit, and Earned Income Tax Credit. They want to eliminate Milk Inspections and other Rules and Regulations that Protect our Citizens. They are eliminating Union Contracts and Collective Bargaining Rights through EFM. If they do this to City, County and School Workers, WILL WE BE NEXT? PLEASE JOIN US IN LANSING FOR A PROTEST: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16th 12:00 Noon to 5:00 p.m. CAPITOL BUILDING WE NEED YOU, YOUR CHILDREN, YOUR NEIGHBORS AND YOUR FRIENDS LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD! Buses will be available, departing from Region 1A in Taylor. For more information, please call Ray Holman at 1-800 243-1985 or Jim Walkowicz at (313) 999-9418

• Like 6

Never been to one before and i only live 45 minutes away i might stop in to see what its like.

I'm there on the frontline. Locked arm in arm with my union brothers and sisters fighting for our freedom! Fighting against these republicants and anti union scabs that are claiming to be a union member. Some are here on this forum...

• Like 6

I'm there on the frontline. Locked arm in arm with my union brothers and sisters fighting for our freedom! Fighting against these republicants and anti union scabs that are claiming to be a union member. Some are here on this forum...

And far too many are in our plants today. Unfortunatly, many won't be able to attend as we do have to work.

• Like 5

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

This was sent to me by Gary Walkowicz and He wanted me to share it with you.

Did you hear - - Governor Snyder wants concessions in the amount of $180 million which is at least $3,600 per person. While you are doing the work of two (2) or three (3) people, they want to cut your pay and benefits. Can you afford to let them take $3,600 on top of everything else we've lost? If this makes you angry you need to be here! Snyder and his political friends want to tax the pensions of your parents and grandparents (and you, when you retire). If that makes you angry you need to be here! They want to take away Homestead Property Tax Credit, and Earned Income Tax Credit. They want to eliminate Milk Inspections and other Rules and Regulations that Protect our Citizens. They are eliminating Union Contracts and Collective Bargaining Rights through EFM. If they do this to City, County and School Workers, WILL WE BE NEXT? PLEASE JOIN US IN LANSING FOR A PROTEST: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16th 12:00 Noon to 5:00 p.m. CAPITOL BUILDING WE NEED YOU, YOUR CHILDREN, YOUR NEIGHBORS AND YOUR FRIENDS LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD! Buses will be available, departing from Region 1A in Taylor. For more information, please call Ray Holman at 1-800 243-1985 or Jim Walkowicz at (313) 999-9418

Your announcement is incorrect in that it states that they want to take 3600 in givebacks per person from US(UAW?)...These givebacks are from state employess NOT autoworkers. Although I highly disagree with taxing pensions and the cessation of the Movie Credits for studios that film here, this state is 1.8 billion in the negative revenue wise due to lost property taxes from foreclosures etc..Question? To All these these Dem protestors who go every week and protest on the capitol steps...What is your soloution to cutting the 1.8 billion? Im betting its MORE taxes....This state needs some tough love in balancing its budget and Snyder is just the man to do it...Kudos to Gov Snyder for having the balls to make some tough decisions. Could you imagine if that communist Virg Bernero was govenor?? We would have an even BIGGER budget deficit next year. The Union needs to stop wasting our hard earned dues on chartering busses every week to go up to Lansing and protest and accept that this state is in dire straights money wise and must change course from the days of redundant entitlements

Edited by DTP Nick
  • Like 6

Hey people, you all voted for Snyder instead of Virg - so don't complain about the things the new Gov is doing. You all had a chance to elect a winner for the UAW and unions in Michigan who was (at the time) backed by the SEIU and other union organizations and you chose to go the other way and vote in a guy who claims to be a good business man.

If you don't like what Snyder is doing petition for a recall.

• Like 5

Hey people, you all voted for Snyder instead of Virg - so don't complain about the things the new Gov is doing. You all had a chance to elect a winner for the UAW and unions in Michigan who was (at the time) backed by the SEIU and other union organizations and you chose to go the other way and vote in a guy who claims to be a good business man.

I voted for Snyder and have very few complaints outside of the ones I stated...After 8 years of Granholm there wasnt a Democrat alive who was gonna beat the republican candidate outside of maybe jaysus himself. This state and country need some Republican ideals and fiscal responsibility for a while. Repubs create jobs with less small business taxes etc which leads to job creation. When times are bad and States need jobs created you need a Repub at helm..When times are good and there is a surplus of tax revenue etc. then you need A Democrat in office to make sure the wealth is distributed equally...The views of a MODERATE

• Like 5

Your announcement is incorrect in that it states that they want to take 3600 in givebacks per person from US(UAW?)...These givebacks are from state employess NOT autoworkers. Although I highly disagree with taxing pensions and the cessation of the Movie Credits for studios that film here, this state is 1.8 billion in the negative revenue wise due to lost property taxes from foreclosures etc..Question? To All these these Dem protestors who go every week and protest on the capitol steps...What is your soloution to cutting the 1.8 billion? Im betting its MORE taxes....This state needs some tough love in balancing its budget and Snyder is just the man to do it...Kudos to Gov Snyder for having the balls to make some tough decisions. Could you imagine if that communist Virg Bernero was govenor?? We would have an even BIGGER budget deficit next year. The Union needs to stop wasting our hard earned dues on chartering busses every week to go up to Lansing and protest and accept that this state is in dire straights money wise and must change course from the days of redundant entitlements

Thats exactly what taxing pensions! RAISING TAXES.. You call giving breaks to corporations at the expense of seniors a tough decision? Its idiotic. Synder is just like the rest of the right wingers, trying to balance a budget on the backs of the retired and working class.. He won't last long, not in Michigan.

• Like 4

Thats exactly what taxing pensions! RAISING TAXES.. You call giving breaks to corporations at the expense of seniors a tough decision? Its idiotic. Synder is just like the rest of the right wingers, trying to balance a budget on the backs of the retired and working class.. He won't last long, not in Michigan.

He was elected by a wide margin Die. He also has a majority in both houses of the state senate that are going to pretty much pass what he proposes...Polls indicate that outside of the Movie and pension proposa;s he has wide approval of his fiscal reforms.Sure some of his budget cuts are tough to swallow right now. But he is going to be in office for the next 4 years so get used to him. Corporations NEED reasons to do business and to relocate to Michigan and create jobs. When the taxes on small businesses are high as they are right noww it makes it tough for these businesses to hire or expand. I know this from personal experience seeing that I have family members who own businesses small and large in this state. The movie industry jumped at working in this state and relocating film processing labs etc here..WHY IS THAT???? Because they were offered tax incentives!! Its the same principal with any other industry. Raising taxes on business doesnt help this states economy one iota. It might help pay for most of the Dems social programs ande entitlements in the short term..but it badly hurts this state long term seeing that there is no new investment here outside of the auto industry

Edited by DTP Nick
  • Like 6

He was elected by a wide margin Die. He also has a majority in both houses of the state senate that are going to pretty much pass what he proposes...Polls indicate that outside of the Movie and pension proposa;s he has wide approval of his fiscal reforms.Sure some of his budget cuts are tough to swallow right now. But he is going to be in office for the next 4 years so get used to him. Corporations NEED reasons to do business and to relocate to Michigan and create jobs. When the taxes on small businesses are high as they are right noww it makes it tough for these businesses to hire or expand. I know this from personal experience seeing that I have family members who own businesses small and large in this state. The movie industry jumped at working in this state and relocating film processing labs etc here..WHY IS THAT???? Because they were offered tax incentives!! Its the same principal with any other industry. Raising taxes on business doesnt help this states economy one iota. It might help pay for most of the Dems social programs ande entitlements in the short term..but it badly hurts this state long term seeing that there is no new investment here outside of the auto industry

The Democratic party did not send a viable candidate against Herr Snyder. If you look at the campaign contributions for Herr Snyder you can see where the interest was. Ford Motor, U of M, DTE, GM and more. He mus be stopped. Break one union, then break another. The Republican have been trying to break the UAW for years.

• Like 3

The Democratic party did not send a viable candidate against Herr Snyder. If you look at the campaign contributions for Herr Snyder you can see where the interest was. Ford Motor, U of M, DTE, GM and more. He mus be stopped. Break one union, then break another. The Republican have been trying to break the UAW for years.

When did Herr Snyder state he wants to break any Unions including ours? He has stated time and time again that he is not opposed to collective bargaining and will NOT TRY TO BUST UNIONS...The UAW feeds us so much bullshit to promote its political agenda just like this thread posted by "snoopy"(i know her) states "govenor Snyder wants 3600 in givebacks per person" Ummmm??? thats not refering to the UAW!! That is from state employees who the gov has said he will bargain with through their UNION...The UAW plays people for Idiots. Stop listening to the Union telling you how to think politically..

• Like 7

When did Herr Snyder state he wants to break any Unions including ours? He has stated time and time again that he is not opposed to collective bargaining and will NOT TRY TO BUST UNIONS...The UAW feeds us so much bullshit to promote its political agenda just like this thread posted by "snoopy"(i know her) states "govenor Snyder wants 3600 in givebacks per person" Ummmm??? thats not refering to the UAW!! That is from state employees who the gov has said he will bargain with through their UNION...The UAW plays people for Idiots. Stop listening to the Union telling you how to think politically..

First Ohio, then Wisconsin, and now Michigan. See how the cards fall. Nobody feeds me bullshit or tells me who to vote for including CAP. You must be a rich man's son, if you think these changes are a good thing. Wake up and smell the bullshit that these Republican Governors are handing us. And when it is too late, try to dig yourself out!!!

• Like 3

Can someone please explain to me what a "recall" is? I mean, I understand what it is, I just don't understand why. What is the point of having elections, if a very small number of people who voted for the guy who lost can demand another election?

And honestly, if you were going to recall someone, shouldn't you be looking at the guy in the White House? How many things did he promise that he has now backed away from, or things that he has done, that he never mentioned in his campaign?

Sorry sanduskyman, the people have spoken, and your side lost. Suck it up and try and do better the next time.

And when it is too late, try to dig yourself out!!!

Are you referring the staggering amount of debit the recent Federal spending has heaped on the citizen's of the USA? Son, it's already been "handed" to you. Luckily for you, there are people out there who are trying to help you out. You simply can't keep spending money you don't have.

• Like 4

First Ohio, then Wisconsin, and now Michigan. See how the cards fall. Nobody feeds me bullshit or tells me who to vote for including CAP. You must be a rich man's son, if you think these changes are a good thing. Wake up and smell the bullshit that these Republican Governors are handing us. And when it is too late, try to dig yourself out!!!

NICK is brain dead

• Like 2

NICK is brain dead

Lets here your thoughts on balancing the budget babbit. I dont think your capable of writing a full paragraph but I could be wrong. All these people are up in arms over Snyders cuts to the budget yet they dont offer any ideas outside of " Raise Taxes on the upper/ middle class" That is sooo played.

• Like 3

Can someone please explain to me what a "recall" is? I mean, I understand what it is, I just don't understand why. What is the point of having elections, if a very small number of people who voted for the guy who lost can demand another election?

And honestly, if you were going to recall someone, shouldn't you be looking at the guy in the White House? How many things did he promise that he has now backed away from, or things that he has done, that he never mentioned in his campaign?

Sorry sanduskyman, the people have spoken, and your side lost. Suck it up and try and do better the next time.

Are you referring the staggering amount of debit the recent Federal spending has heaped on the citizen's of the USA? Son, it's already been "handed" to you. Luckily for you, there are people out there who are trying to help you out. You simply can't keep spending money you don't have.

Amen..good post

• Like 3

I see that the Scabs/Republicans don't like my posts here..... all the more reason to post!

Who gave the right to this government to give away Michigan to their rich friends?

http://blog.aflcio.org/2011/03/16/thousands-of-michigan-workers-protest-snyders-power-grab/

I dont mind your posts and Im Moderate Republican...what fun would a site like this be if everyone agreed with each other like a bunch of robots?

• Like 4

Public Unions in Michigan will be a thing of the past under Snyder.

The passage of the Emergancy Financuial managers powers will kill them.

Many school districts are already hurting, and now Tricky Ricky is asking for another 470.00 Cut PER STUDENT. This will bankrupt many districts, and the finacial managers, (appointed by the Ricks treasury secretary (NOT an Elected position)) will step in and void contracts. Cities will also be getting the same treatment, as many are already hurting, and more cuts from the state are looming. However...Give all the breaks to Bussiness. That is NOT the shared sacrifice that he ran his campaign on.

You can bet, that the republicans in the legislature are just waiting and chomping at the bit to propose right to work in our state. Rick WILL sign it if they send it to him. Count on it.

• Like 2

I see that the Scabs/Republicans don't like my posts here..... all the more reason to post!

Who gave the right to this government to give away Michigan to their rich friends?

http://blog.aflcio.org/2011/03/16/thousands-of-michigan-workers-protest-snyders-power-grab/

Looks to me like the people of Michigan have spoken. Your just going to have to suck it up buttercup . Do your job and try to stop your incessant whining.

• Like 5

Public Unions in Michigan will be a thing of the past under Snyder.

The passage of the Emergancy Financuial managers powers will kill them.

Many school districts are already hurting, and now Tricky Ricky is asking for another 470.00 Cut PER STUDENT. This will bankrupt many districts, and the finacial managers, (appointed by the Ricks treasury secretary (NOT an Elected position)) will step in and void contracts. Cities will also be getting the same treatment, as many are already hurting, and more cuts from the state are looming. However...Give all the breaks to Bussiness. That is NOT the shared sacrifice that he ran his campaign on.

You can bet, that the republicans in the legislature are just waiting and chomping at the bit to propose right to work in our state. Rick WILL sign it if they send it to him. Count on it.

Michigan will NEVER become a right to work State. Unionism is way to entrenched politically in this state. Question? What would have happened to our beloved autoindustry in this state had the Union not used its political contacts and influence in washington dc when the industry was teetering on going under? Both sides (though they wont admit it) benefit to a degree by Michigans ardent unionism. Polls also show that a vast majority in mMichigan OPPOSE this becoming a right to work state. The dems are just using scare tactics to mobilize their Union base/voters into opposing anything republican....Scare mongering..both sides do it. Once the economy rebounds along with the housing market the State will have more money for programs and its employees through gains in property taxes, sales tax, income taxes etc....until then we have to tighten our belts seeing that the State is broke. cuts HAVE TO BE MADE SOMEWHERE....

Edited by DTP Nick
  • Like 4

Michigan will NEVER become a right to work State. Unionism is way to entrenched politically in this state. Question? What would have happened to our beloved autoindustry in this state had the Union not used its political contacts and influence in washington dc when the industry was teetering on going under? Both sides (though they wont admit it) benefit to a degree by Michigans ardent unionism. Polls also show that a vast majority in mMichigan OPPOSE this becoming a right to work state. The dems are just using scare tactics to mobilize their Union base/voters into opposing anything republican....Scare mongering..both sides do it. Once the economy rebounds along with the housing market the State will have more money for programs and its employees through gains in property taxes, sales tax, income taxes etc....until then we have to tighten our belts seeing that the State is broke. cuts HAVE TO BE MADE SOMEWHERE....

Problem is the only ones taking cuts are the little guys

I know for a fact that a line formen/supervisor level 6 and 7 recieved an average of 12,000 dollars in profit sharing now thats the low mark so what did upper management haul in :happy feet:

We all know what Alan and Bill hauled in a semi load of money

Politician talk pay freeze :hysterical: why not take cuts oops that might put a hardship on them :hysterical:

Wall Street billioneers cry my taxes are to high lower them and I can create jobs :hysterical: in china and india and a few in the USA

So lets cut everywhere the poor family with the hungary child comes first then lets cut off the executive wall street and corperations getting tax payer welfare because there prime rib cost to much :hysterical:

Edited by uawxlt
  • Like 1

Looks to me like the people of Michigan have spoken. Your just going to have to suck it up buttercup . Do your job and try to stop your incessant whining.

These right wing bastards picked the wrong fight! The union is going to give them all the hell they can stand. Those republicants in Wisconsin are running scared now. Were going to recall everyone of those idiots. Were not standing for them balancing the budgets on the backs of poor and middle class citizens while giving breaks to the rich. The American people were hoodwinked buying into their lies, but now the party is over and were coming for them. Synder is next. They woke a sleeping giant when they started a fight with the union. Im going back to Wisconsin in April, Ed Shultz is going to be there and he's going to give those right wingers hell. Snyder is a coward, at least the Wisconsin Gov came straight after the union but he tried to go thru the back door with this financial manager crap. And the Republicants are always the one talking about big brother and thats just what Snyder has implemented. Government taking over local municipalities. Not Happening! This is just what the union needed a wake up call. I encourage everyone of you to try to attend at least one of these rallies and feel the power and energy. Theres nothing like being with your union brothers and sisters fighting for our freedom and liberty. And to all you ANTI'S on this forum, I got news for you. "THE UNION IS COMING AND TAKING DOWN EVERYONE OF THOSE WHO ARE OUT TO DESTROY OUR WAY OF LIFE. WE KNOW A THING OR TWO ABOUT FIGHTING AND THATS JUST WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO GET, A FIGHT!

• Like 2

These right wing bastards picked the wrong fight! The union is going to give them all the hell they can stand. Those republicants in Wisconsin are running scared now. Were going to recall everyone of those idiots. Were not standing for them balancing the budgets on the backs of poor and middle class citizens while giving breaks to the rich. The American people were hoodwinked buying into their lies, but now the party is over and were coming for them. Synder is next. They woke a sleeping giant when they started a fight with the union. Im going back to Wisconsin in April, Ed Shultz is going to be there and he's going to give those right wingers hell. Snyder is a coward, at least the Wisconsin Gov came straight after the union but he tried to go thru the back door with this financial manager crap. And the Republicants are always the one talking about big brother and thats just what Snyder has implemented. Government taking over local municipalities. Not Happening! This is just what the union needed a wake up call. I encourage everyone of you to try to attend at least one of these rallies and feel the power and energy. Theres nothing like being with your union brothers and sisters fighting for our freedom and liberty. And to all you ANTI'S on this forum, I got news for you. "THE UNION IS COMING AND TAKING DOWN EVERYONE OF THOSE WHO ARE OUT TO DESTROY OUR WAY OF LIFE. WE KNOW A THING OR TWO ABOUT FIGHTING AND THATS JUST WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO GET, A FIGHT!

Public unions should be banned completely in this country all they do is cycle the money between the democrats and the unions..this cycle has to be broken and the majority of the people want it stopped. You can stomp your feet like little babies all you want. All that proves is the conservative movement along with the tea party was right all along.

• Like 5

Public unions should be banned completely in this country all they do is cycle the money between the democrats and the unions..this cycle has to be broken and the majority of the people want it stopped. You can stomp your feet like little babies all you want. All that proves is the conservative movement along with the tea party was right all along.

The teabaggers been pretty quiet lately, wonder why? The american people have caught on to their game. This wasnt no grass roots organization it was funded by the Koch sisters and backed by the republicants. The gig is up and the union is about to bust some asses. We dont cry anti we kick asses. You better ask somebody.

• Like 2