Awaiting Shipment - Re-Released Ford Chicago Assembly

Does anyone know what they're doing to the vehicles when they are returned to the plant?

This is the third time this has occurred, and then it goes back into limbo...

Awaiting Shipment - Re-Released Ford Chicago Assembly

:shrug:

You ordered 6 days before my order on 8/10/10 and I've got 2,100 miles on my FWD Limited 301A, white plat and trailer tow. Is there something you ordered strange to my order? Can you post a picture of your window sticker or a link so we can help you determine the problem?

You ordered 6 days before my order on 8/10/10 and I've got 2,100 miles on my FWD Limited 301A, white plat and trailer tow. Is there something you ordered strange to my order? Can you post a picture of your window sticker or a link so we can help you determine the problem?

It was built on Feb 23, but has been caught up in the 'return to plant' phase since. There are countless others on the Facebook page, reporting the same. I'm curious what they are correcting, as FORD has not been very forthcoming...

It was built on Feb 23, but has been caught up in the 'return to plant' phase since. There are countless others on the Facebook page, reporting the same. I'm curious what they are correcting, as FORD has not been very forthcoming...

I had similar experiences with very little information forthcoming. The lastes info I received on Monday was that it was on a train with an ETA to dealer of 3/7. The train must be taking that shortcut thru Ohio :confused:

I cancelled my order and will wait until there is sufficient inventory in dealer lots.

It has to be one of the options you ordered that's holding it up. Mine was built on Feb.22 (sync installed Feb. 24) and I've been driving mine for over 2 weeks now. I ordered a Limited (300a) 4wd w/ moonroof, tow, pwr. liftgate & Nav. Mine was built and delivered to my dealer in Ohio in 8 days (Mar. 3).

I ordered a limtied 301A rear buckets, console, tow, on 1/17, built 2/24. Original ETA 3/5, then 3/15, as of today still 3/15. Status is Awaiting Shipment. Would love to know what is going on.

I have the same configuration, 301A and tow. I wonder if the common denominator is the rear buckets and console, or build week?

I don't want to add anything that my be inaccurate or leads to spreading a rumor, but from the sounds of it, I have basically the same configuration as mitch2000 (302A instead) and mine has yet to be scheduled. I contacted my dealer, who in-turn contacted the regional representative and they stated that there is a shortage of several commodities. Exactly which commodities they are is a guess at this point (due to the multitude of all the different options available).

Reasons for each unit being delayed while in the transportation phase after leaving the plant is a whole other issue. I have a friend that works in the local rail hub and he states that rail cars can sit on a specified holding pattern for days or weeks depending on if it is waiting for other rail cars to arrive from another location or if tracks are closed due to [insert situation here]. There are just too many variables to take into consideration.

I have decided just to bear down and be as patient as possible and DEFINITELY stay away from the Facebook site. Most of the people on there don't understand the complexity of building a 3000 + pound computer on wheels and the logistics involved getting it across the country. Furthermore, a majority of these people have been so McDonalized that they think if they don't get something right now they'll complain and complain and think they're the most important person in the whole process. Don't get me wrong....I have done my fair share of "WTF have I got myself into" moments, but Facebook just brings out the worst in some people. I often have to remind myself that this whole ordering process is like being married. On any scheduled "date night", my wife will go and get ready and try on outfit after outfit. Each time asking me for an opinion on which looks best or "do these jeans make her ass look big", only to take longer and longer to get ready. I would just like her to just put on the first outfit and head out the door. But trust me, the more time she takes the better the outcome. We may be very, very, very late to where we were originally scheduled to go, but she looks good and we're both happier for it.

Sorry for the :soapbox:

I understand delays happen and there are logistics involved.

I just wish Ford was more forthcoming with such information... we are waiting for a full train, carrier strike, etc, or the vehicle was returned to the plant because we had to re-torque the wheels, etc.

It's the stringing along, and no real information, that is taking it's toll.

I understand delays happen and there are logistics involved.

I just wish Ford was more forthcoming with such information... we are waiting for a full train, carrier strike, etc, or the vehicle was returned to the plant because we had to re-torque the wheels, etc.

It's the stringing along, and no real information, that is taking it's toll.

I'm quite certain the train has nothing to do with it. I ordered my XLT around the same time as you (August 11) and it was finally built February 3rd. I have been stuck in the same limbo ever since, with zero answers to what the hold up is! I had an ETA of February 7th, which at one point was updated to February 15th. It is still sitting in Chicago "ReReleased for Shipment!"

Hopefully Ford gets everything together and tries to make the few of us happy because the wait has been terrible! I get so tired hearing people complain about not having their vehicle when they ordered it 6 weeks ago. You and I have been waiting 7 and a half months!

I'm quite certain the train has nothing to do with it. I ordered my XLT around the same time as you (August 11) and it was finally built February 3rd. I have been stuck in the same limbo ever since, with zero answers to what the hold up is! I had an ETA of February 7th, which at one point was updated to February 15th. It is still sitting in Chicago "ReReleased for Shipment!"

Hopefully Ford gets everything together and tries to make the few of us happy because the wait has been terrible! I get so tired hearing people complain about not having their vehicle when they ordered it 6 weeks ago. You and I have been waiting 7 and a half months!

Ok guys, I apologize if I offended you. I really did not mean to indicate that you guys do not have legitimate gripes about the whole ordering process and the subsequent waiting game. Clearly, after waiting for as long as you have been, my measly 6 week timeframe in no way compares to what you've been going through and I really didn't mean for my comments to come across as "oh you've got it so rough". That is not what I intended. I just wanted to reiterate that whole ordering and waiting for a car is a learning experience (at least for me that is). I hope that everyone that has had to wait as long as you have receives word soon that their vehicle is on it's way. Good luck.

Edited by jHawker1995

my "ETA" was 3/21 - now all im being told is its TBD. No definite answer. If they were being called back to the plant - atleast tell us why. We are waiting for something for a long time - i think being honest would be best. If its something major that would affect us purchasing it - then we have every right to know that.

just cant believe we are told "anyday now" by a dealer - when 10 days later - it clearly isnt anyday.

i would be fine waiting 3-4 weeks if i was told that in the first place. but now its getting close to a vacation - i was told "woudlnt be a problem". its just fast becoming a headache that could spiral out of control.