2011 fusion sel 6 speed automatic

To Whom It May Concern,

I leased a 2011 Ford Fusion sel 4 cyl automatic in Feb 2011. The second week of driving the car , I noticed that when I drove the car after sitting all night , I started driving and the transsmision reved a few thousand rpm's and no acceleration. I figured that the computer was adjusting because it was such a new vehicle less than 500 miles. A month or so latter with around 1450 miles, I didn't drive the car for two days. I got into the car and started to drive out of my development. I tried to accelerate into traffic, I presssed the accelerator about halfway and the car revved to almost redline and then and the car jolted into gear. I almost got rear ended from a car when I pulled into the road. Needless to say very dissapointing in a new vehicle, or any vehicle for that matter.

Since this problem surfaced, I've done some research and I found out that this is a very common problem with the this vehicle. I'm sure that your aware that there is a law firm already investigating these widespread problems with the transmisions. Please do something before somebody gets seriously injured or killed. I'm giving Ford the benefit of the doubt, I'm not going to foward my information until the problem happens again. I did bring my vehicle to the dealer and they said the transmission did'nt have any codes and that I had to have a tech experience this problem to see what their dealing with. I'm nervous about driving the vehicle because it sounds like this problem isn't going to resolve itself. Thank god I don't have a wife or kids that would be driving in this vehicle.

This would be a worldclass vehicle if it had a properly working transmission. Not only is this a very dangerous situation, it makes me wonder how durable these transmissions are due to severe slippage. Please due something before Ford getts another black eye, these problems aren't going away. Ford doesn't need another Firestone type disaster.

To Ford product planners,

As nedman3637 pointed out in his letter, and other Blue Oval News forum members have indicated in other threads, the 6F35 transmission is piece of junk. You have successfully utilized FWD automatic transaxles from Jatco/Mazda and Aisin AW exclusively in previous model year CD3 platform passenger cars (and still do in versions equipped with the 3.5L engine). Please consider restoring this approach.