Where is my car?

Caesar

I have a 5 door Titanium in Ingot silver with the Tuscany red and black interior. The order has been in since the bank has been open and now the dealer is guessing at best another 6 to 8 weeks ,what a bunch of crap.

Any truth that Titaniums are not being built for quality concerns?

I have a 5 door Titanium in Ingot silver with the Tuscany red and black interior. The order has been in since the bank has been open and now the dealer is guessing at best another 6 to 8 weeks ,what a bunch of crap.

Any truth that Titaniums are not being built for quality concerns?

Best that can be determined, from both reliable sources and 'the internets', Stock orders are being scheduled and built in all configs. Retail (custom) orders with MyFord Touch are not being scheduled at this time.

This is because they are having a problem with MFT that is causing most cars (+90%) to fail testing. The Stock orders that are being built are going to dealers if they are the rare units that pass, or being held at the factory if they fail, waiting for a fix. This is why there are very few MFT dealer cars out there, even though they have been being made for well over a month now.

The reason they aren't scheduling Retail orders, is that if they did, they would get behind the backlog of 3-5k vehicles at the factory that need fixing. By waiting until the fix is in production, they will be able to ship the car immediately upon creation.

now the dealer is guessing at best another 6 to 8 weeks ,what a bunch of crap.

I would agree that that is probably a reasonable guess, but I don't think there is any internal or external taget. It could be as short as a ~4wks if they get the problem fixed in the next few days, or who knows how long if it takes them a long time to fix the problem. I should note that the problem with MFT appears to be a minor software bug, but it appears they have had a hard time quashing it.

We are in the same boat you are. I ordered in November, Titanium Sedan in Kona Blue. Good thing it's not red or black because than there would be another delay.

I know the wait is agonizing, and it doesn't help that we don't know how much longer it's going to be.

Meanwhile, I have now sold my Fusion, because I would be stupid not to jump on the opportunity to make more over trade-in. So I will be driving the gas guzzler for an undertermined amount of time.

This is what makes it hard to pre-plan anything when you special order a new car.

All that we can do is be patient! It does not help that dealers have starting receiving their S and SE models, and we will see other people purchase and drive the car before us. However my Titanium will look so much better then the SE model!!!! I am taking advantage of the situation, and am going for a test drive Wednesday evening!!

Thanks to everyone who posted info. I am in a similar situation, my current Focus has a buyer that wants the car ASAP and dont want to use the other car as a daily driver. Plus I need to schedule a 2000 mile road trip due to a family problem.

Hopefully the engineers have improved thier past process of 10% planning and 90% implimentation to correct problems on the fly. Been there done that.

All the 'first on the block' people have to wise up, don't expect magic appearances. Also, the Japanese earthquake affected parts sourcing.

Anyone who just has to have a new model right away pays for it with time, more $$, and bugs to be worked out. It's best to wait until full speed building and full supply to pick.

Pesonallly, I'm glad to see them road tesing the cars. Import makes do this all the time.

Edited by 630land

All the 'first on the block' people have to wise up, don't expect magic appearances. Also, the Japanese earthquake affected parts sourcing.

Anyone who just has to have a new model right away pays for it with time, more $$, and bugs to be worked out. It's best to wait until full speed building and full supply to pick.

Pesonallly, I'm glad to see them road tesing the cars. Import makes do this all the time.

Might be a good idea to read all of the posts before telling people to "wise up."

Thank you.

There is a report that came through that Ford Corporate has sent a memo to dealers saying that the MFT problem has been fixed, and production of MFT vehicles will resume April 4th.

There is no confirmation of this - only the one report so far.

There is a report that came through that Ford Corporate has sent a memo to dealers saying that the MFT problem has been fixed, and production of MFT vehicles will resume April 4th.

There is no confirmation of this - only the one report so far.

The optimist in me will take this as good news. Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a 2012 Hatch on Feb. 15th. There have been some issues with the dealership and mis-information. I did finally get to speak with a Ford rep. Seems all the bugs have been worked out of the my touch system. Yesterday I got an email that my build date is April 25th. So it looks like they did fix the problem. Now if someone can tell me how long it takes after the build date, maybe I can relax. I am racking up the miles on my GT and I don't like that one bit.