Do all trucks leave by train from Dearborn?

69cat

Wondering if anyone knows if all the trucks from the Dearborn plant are loaded on trains at the plant. I see a lot of trucks waiting at the plant on ramp 59 for shipment. My last update shows mine is at Ramp 58, Melvindale, MI Mar-24-2011. Don't know if it is on a train and stopped there or was sent there by truck or train and waiting like a lot of others here to be loaded on a train.

Wondering if anyone knows if all the trucks from the Dearborn plant are loaded on trains at the plant. I see a lot of trucks waiting at the plant on ramp 59 for shipment. My last update shows mine is at Ramp 58, Melvindale, MI Mar-24-2011. Don't know if it is on a train and stopped there or was sent there by truck or train and waiting like a lot of others here to be loaded on a train.

Mine's on a convoy per customer service. I asked if the convoy was just taking the new truck to the railyard and she said no that mine was travelling via convoy from Dearborn (ramp 59) to the dealer with no rail involved. I've asked for verification and should know more Monday!

Mine's on a convoy per customer service. I asked if the convoy was just taking the new truck to the railyard and she said no that mine was travelling via convoy from Dearborn (ramp 59) to the dealer with no rail involved. I've asked for verification and should know more Monday!

My sticker also says convoy but have seen some threads here and on the 150 forum that say it is usually a mix of rail and truck carriers for delivery. Sure you would get your truck quicker if it went out directly by truck and didn't have to go through the rail system and then still have to be trucker to dealer.