2nd Row Captain Chairs Question

Hello there,

Glad I found this forum as I'm looking for changing my Volvo XC90 for a 2011 /12 Ford Explorer. Dealer advised thinking about the 2nd row Captain chairs to allow for possibly more legroom for third row. A couple of questions; I believe that the 2nd row CC do not fold flat, but do they fold at all? Secondly, if you order the center console for the 2nd row CCs , is it removable?

Thanks

Hello there,

Glad I found this forum as I'm looking for changing my Volvo XC90 for a 2011 /12 Ford Explorer. Dealer advised thinking about the 2nd row Captain chairs to allow for possibly more legroom for third row. A couple of questions; I believe that the 2nd row CC do not fold flat, but do they fold at all? Secondly, if you order the center console for the 2nd row CCs , is it removable?

Thanks

Too Funny I am trading in my 2007 XC90 and also getting a 2011 Limited Explorer. We have ordered our Explorer with the 2nd row buckets as well. They do fold flat (at least enough from my perspective) but the optional center console DOES NOT COME OUT. If you were to remove it you would have a exposed metal floor under the console as the carpeting is cut around the console. As a result, I decided not to go with the 2nd row console and save a$100 .

Edited by davinci4915

Too Funny I am trading in my 2007 XC90 and also getting a 2011 Limited Explorer also. We have ordered our Explorer with the 2nd row buckets as well. They do fold flat (at least enough from my perspective) but the optional center console DOES NOT COME OUT. If you were to remove it you would have a exposed metal floor under the console as the carpeting is cut around the console. As a result, I decided not to go with the 2nd row console and save a$100 .

Hey, congrats. I loved my Xc90 but styling is getting outdated, no longer Ford and 3rd row too small with less gizmos.

The Captains Chairs roll over and fold almost flush with the third row.

The center console top opens up and flips forward to drop the console level matching the seats so the entire area behind the front seats is level.

I suggest you sit in one with a console, my kids love the fact they have somewhere to put all their stuff especially on longer rides.

Fits both DVD headsets, remotes, and a giant DVD collection.

I was going to see if its water tight for use as an ice bucket but that might be pushing it.