Layoff &Overtime

I thought nobody could work overtime in a layoff week or is this just allowed at DTP with our great union?.....most of the people in there working are getting 12 hrs a day & working tomorrow

When you find language in the agreement that says they cant work overtime while others are on tlo let us know.

• Like 1

I dont know thats why I was asking..... I cant read the language in the agreement there are too many holes in it !!!

Because the layoff was done by Senority, Overtime should not be performed. That violates the rules of Overtime Equalization. There will be requests for greivences upon our return, in those areas that worked. Even though we all know that our glorious Union idiots will refuse to file them.

• Like 2

Because the layoff was done by Senority, Overtime should not be performed. That violates the rules of Overtime Equalization. There will be requests for greivences upon our return, in those areas that worked. Even though we all know that our glorious Union idiots will refuse to file them.

I know a couple of people that turned it down because they were told 40 hrs only and it wasnt worth it to them because they live so far away.

• Like 1

Ok .......... Good luck

Ooooh I live far away!! What lazy bastards to turn down time and a half because they live in buut Fu#$ egypt because they are hillbillys who live in Tecumseh or whatever .....thats laziness and people like that make unions look bad..people would kill for our jobs and overtime yet we have so many pussies and prima donnas..amazing

Hey numb nuts, if they only offered 40 hrs why would you drive 60+ miles to work if you didnt have too. I live in adrian and I didnt get offered, but if I did only get offered a straight 40 hell no but if I knew there was OT...hell yea I would work but in this shit hole they dont tell you anything...fucking CIA bullshit keeping everything secret. So next time you decide to rant on about us "hicks' know your facts...and dont give me that line "move closer then" bullshit. Cant even if i wanted too cant sell my house here just like everyone else in this fuckin state so i cant move and since this wasnt my original plant i live out in BFE and do the drive...and i dont bitch about the drive its what i have to do for my family. Maybe you should put yourself in our place and be a union brother instead of being a selfish ass and think of only yourself!!!!!

• Like 1

Ooooh I live far away!! What lazy bastards to turn down time and a half because they live in buut Fu#$ egypt because they are hillbillys who live in Tecumseh or whatever .....thats laziness and people like that make unions look bad..people would kill for our jobs and overtime yet we have so many pussies and prima donnas..amazing

Read before you respond DUMBASS

Hey numb nuts, if they only offered 40 hrs why would you drive 60+ miles to work if you didnt have too. I live in adrian and I didnt get offered, but if I did only get offered a straight 40 hell no but if I knew there was OT...hell yea I would work but in this shit hole they dont tell you anything...fucking CIA bullshit keeping everything secret. So next time you decide to rant on about us "hicks' know your facts...and dont give me that line "move closer then" bullshit. Cant even if i wanted too cant sell my house here just like everyone else in this fuckin state so i cant move and since this wasnt my original plant i live out in BFE and do the drive...and i dont bitch about the drive its what i have to do for my family. Maybe you should put yourself in our place and be a union brother instead of being a selfish ass and think of only yourself!!!!!

Who would want to live any closer to that shithole anyways I drive at least 45 minutes one way and thats about as close as I want to be

I know a couple of people that turned it down because they were told 40 hrs only and it wasnt worth it to them because they live so far away.

Ahh, there's the rub matey; the people who volunteered(which makes the overtime issue a moot point)for the TLO

were told only 40 hours--or less--would be worked, they would be stupid to get up, pay for the drive to work, work in

a shithole for 8 hours,etc, etc. Next time make sure you axe your honest union official to post the fact that only 40 hours

are scheduled for your department. Good luck on that one.

I have a much better idea on how to settle issues such as this: put all of the parties involved in a small room with no windows,

whoever comes out first gets the job or the overtime in question.

Back in the day nobody would dare to run for office in a UAW plant if they didn't plan on representing

their fellow workers. For those few that did, well, let's just say they got what was coming to them. Same

treatment for snitches. Actually, there have been a few recent incidences where a SS(Saline suckass)tried

pulling their shit at other Ford plants and had a rather rude awakening.