Warning for Fusion Hybrid Owners re: 30K Service

amandave

Folks, just a warning related to the 30,000 mile service based on an experience this week. Service was done (including replacing coolant) and everything was fine until I drove away. Then the temperature started to rise rapidly, only staying at the edge of operating zone due to my frequent use of the battery.

Took it back in, and service advisor said it was the second time it had happened to him in two days, both times a Fusion Hybrid. Seems that the engines are very difficult to flush properly and both cars had big air bubbles left in the cooling system. Supposedly the fact that the engines turn themselves off once reaching temp has something to do with it, but I couldn't vouch for that.

Anyway, my dealer said he would be disseminating the info, but those of you approaching that service may need to pay extra attention to this issue when scheduling your service.

Happy (high mileage) Motoring!

• 5 weeks later...

Just curious, the scheduled service manual states to change the coolant at 6 years or 105,000 miles. Why did you change it so soon?

Because service writers lie when they tell you what items are required to be serviced at certain intervals and owners are too lazy to read the owners manual.

One local dealer went so far as to publish a service records book complete with Ford logo. The problem was the services they recommended was based on a vehicle operating in "severe duty" conditions.

How many people are changing oil at 5,000 or even 3,00- miles when the recommended interval is 7,500 and has been for a few years.

• Like 2

Because service writers lie when they tell you what items are required to be serviced at certain intervals and owners are too lazy to read the owners manual.

One local dealer went so far as to publish a service records book complete with Ford logo. The problem was the services they recommended was based on a vehicle operating in "severe duty" conditions.

How many people are changing oil at 5,000 or even 3,00- miles when the recommended interval is 7,500 and has been for a few years.

They didn't get the name "stealerships" for nothing. A 30,000 mile flush is rubbish and I want to ask people for some spare cash when they say they change their Mobil 1 at 3000 miles but, look at the times when someone does read their manual and thinks the timing belt being beaten silly in their Fiesta for 150,000 miles or a 100K mile set of spark plugs in their 5.4 F series is a good idea.