DTP Down Time

dtprat

That's what C crew has always been for at whichever plant has or had it. It's the NUMBERS shift. The line runs fast and smooth because there are less people aroud like torque inspectors and engineers to get in the way, and there is less supervision. Every job can get away with cutting corners that wouldn't be allowed on A crew. I worked C crew for 3 years back at MTP, and we did the same thing...Picked up the slack (and then some) for the other 2 shifts.

Right on the money. When you have all the brass in the pl;ant, many things that are done on the off shifts, simply are not allowed to happen. If those same people showed up once in a while on B or C crew, those crews wouldn't run like that either. They stop the line for quality, and they actually build a quality vehicle. Much more so than the other crews (according to the numbers, and data.)

Right on the money. When you have all the brass in the pl;ant, many things that are done on the off shifts, simply are not allowed to happen. If those same people showed up once in a while on B or C crew, those crews wouldn't run like that either. They stop the line for quality, and they actually build a quality vehicle. Much more so than the other crews (according to the numbers, and data.)

Your saying Acrew builds a better quality vehicle according to data?? What data are you refering to?? You dont know because you pulled that statement out of your ass just now. LOL...Amazing.We on ccrew do inline repairs in my area WHILE THE LINE IS MOVING and we dont let the line go down and take a seat waiting for someone to come over and release it with a concern. Cmon the production numbers dont lie.....ACrew is slower...Why take it so personally??

• Like 2

Your saying Acrew builds a better quality vehicle according to data?? What data are you refering to?? You dont know because you pulled that statement out of your ass just now. LOL...Amazing.We on ccrew do inline repairs in my area WHILE THE LINE IS MOVING and we dont let the line go down and take a seat waiting for someone to come over and release it with a concern. Cmon the production numbers dont lie.....ACrew is slower...Why take it so personally??

Nothing personal abouit it. You may want to get ahold of the actual build data, and defect data compiled by the Cal line...It tells the tale. You can't hide from the facts. Other crews might build a few more...but the quality simply isn't the same.

Edited by trailfndr
  • Like 1

Nothing personal abouit it. You may want to get ahold of the actual build data, and defect data compiled by the Cal line...It tells the tale. You can't hide from the facts. Other crews might build a few more...but the quality simply isn't the same.

That is only a true statement because Wheeler is am master at hiding the data, he did the same when he was on C-crew. Instead of the normal proccess where paint and body defects go down the Cal line and then turn left he has paint and body defects go strait from rolls to each repair bay before they even are allowed on the Cal line (defects wrote up pre-Cal line).

Not trying to discredit the fact that there are more big wigs on days , but remember C-crew gets to deal with them all every Friday and we run no different than anyother day of the week (Friday through Monday night).

The data looks nice on paper , until you look out on the pad and see 25 paint trucks lined up waiting for paint repairs.

You made that up admit it..WE have access to that data in our area bro and your wrong. You have no credibility. Do you make shit up when you respond to other topics and posts like this?? You should be ashamed and embarrased for that post

• Like 2

Lets play Devils advocate and say you are partially right and CCrew has 20 more repairs a night than ACrew(they dont)...CCREW Runs lets say on average 25 more units than Acrew(more sometime)..Im no math wizard but at 10 k average profit per truck isnt that 250,000 dollars more in profit per shift comparing C to A crew??? Do those 20 repairs cost 250k to fix?? CCREW is more productive and profitable period.....Sorry

Edited by DTP Nick
  • Like 2

I don't think that any one shift is better than the others, we all do the same jobs and builld the same product with the same tools. It's just that C crew, except for Friday, works without all of the hindrances A crew has to deal with. Personally, I don't care for the mess they leave behind either, but that isn't the whole shift, just certain operators (I always seem to work opposite one of them it seems). As far as repairs done on the fly without the line stopping, we do that too. I've worked all the shifts at some point or another, and by far the best numbers produced are on C crew. On days, I have engineers and torque inspectors, not to mention layer upon layer of mangement prowling around, looking over my shoulder. I've never had that on C crew.

As far as downtime, it's all rumors at this point from what I can tell. Gas prices dipping down a bit might change whatever the company has tentatively planned.

• Like 2

ADD is rampant on these forums. Someone rename this topic to "My shift is better than your shift".

Thank you.

I completely agree some people want to know whats going on instead of a bunch of argueing about which shift is better its pretty childish my 5 year old could probably have a better discussion on his preschool class on which class is better.

• Like 2

I completely agree some people want to know whats going on instead of a bunch of argueing about which shift is better its pretty childish my 5 year old could probably have a better discussion on his preschool class on which class is better.

I am guilty of this on this thread, not so much to say that a shift is better than one another but just to point out some of the facts.

Back on topic, at the moment there is no officially planned downtime except for July shut down. Heard rumors about the week of the 16th now hearing that was canceled, heard a week in June and a few weeks in July.

None of that confirmed by anyone that would really know, so until then we are left guessing if/ when we get some more down weeks. If anything I could see some time added around July for some tooling but considering they just had a week to start some projects they may not even be needed.

I can agree it got off topic and im part to blame..But when some idiot with NO FACTUAL BASIS says A Crew runs better quality than all other shifts and lies and says statistics back this up its kinda hard to pass up givin him a verbal smack down...I heard the week of the 16th is canceled too(good I spent too much and drank too much the last layoff LOL)

• Like 3

Was informed yesterday that there is no downtime scheduled before or after shutdown. Truck sales are solid. They only have a 10 day supply of 3.5's and they want a 30 day. Ford is making an extra 30 million a month off of the 3.5's!

I don't know about the thirty million xtra a month

I do know that the 3.5's are selling

At KCAP there cuting out 5.0 on fleet and replacing them with 3.5's thats by customer request

About 300 to 350 a day built are 3.5's :happy feet:

• Like 1

WOW you heard all that while under the desk with a mouthful!!!!

By the way B-Crew built 674 trucks tonight in 10.6 hours...

Line speed 63 an hour or is it 64 :hysterical:

B crew runs perfect no stops no quality assurance thats a real good way to say B crew sucks managements ass

and screw the customer

Nothing runs perfect even at a suck ass plant like DTP :stirpot::hysterical:

Line speed 63 an hour or is it 64 :hysterical:

B crew runs perfect no stops no quality assurance thats a real good way to say B crew sucks managements ass

and screw the customer

Nothing runs perfect even at a suck ass plant like DTP :stirpot::hysterical:

If you work at KCAP as your profile says how the hell do you know how things run at DTP?

• Like 1

According to Nick's letter, no downtime for the foreseeable future (the 16th was scheduled, but was cancelled).

The 3.5's are going insane at DTP - nearly every other truck is a 3.5... and they have been ever since we started building them.

KCAP is building 3.5's at 45 an hour all high end models

3 in 5 going out of the U.S.

Canadian XTR and South America F-150's and LOBO'S

The company is cutting regular cabs for now thats why KCAP is be scheduled Saturdays in June to make up productions for fleet orders