Splash Guards

transitman

I installed the rear splash guards tonight. That was the easiest splash guard install I've ever done. They fit great and look good and it looks like they will provide good protection.. The fronts are a little more involved and I plan on doing them this weekend. I'll post pics when the job is complete.

• Like 1

If anyone out there is considering splash guards, REQUIRE your dealer to order them with the car, and you wont have to pay for installation! :hyper:

Can they be ordered w/o the entire exterior protection package? I don't remember seeing them alone.

I bought then on fordaccessories.com for $49/pair

So that was $49 for the front and the back?

Also, you can't order them without the exterior protection package. But when i was looking what the installation costs were just for the splash guards, it came out to be just as much as the entire exterior protection package.

So that was $49 for the front and the back?

Also, you can't order them without the exterior protection package. But when i was looking what the installation costs were just for the splash guards, it came out to be just as much as the entire exterior protection package.

No, pair being fron or rear. $99 total. They want another 100 for install, but I'm doing that myself.

No, pair being fron or rear. $99 total. They want another 100 for install, but I'm doing that myself.

That's what I thought you meant. I was going to do the same and put them on myself. But I was worried that if I left it to me to do it, I wouldn't find the time, or I'd mess something up.

Excellent! Your expertise regarding splash guards (you helped me out immensely last year with info on 2010+ Fusion molded splash guards) is appreciated. :shades:

Thanks. The rears are so easy to install there's no need for a explaination. I'll post pics and the process after I install the fronts.

I completed my splash guard install. Once again, easiest install ever, it practically took longer to remove the tires than install the guards. Here's how I did it:

Fronts:

Remove tire

The instructions will show which rivets to use in which holes

Pry out 3 wheel well liner plugs and anchors and the plug and anchor under the car holding the front of the plastic scuff guard (I also tightened 3 Torx screws supporting the wheel well liner with a 5/32 allen wrench)

Fit guard and install top plastic pop rivet, hammer in the rivet to hold the guard in place. Install the other two rivets. You may have to support the wheel well liner when hammering the rivets, there's some bounce back

Install pop rivet under the car

Drill a 15/64 (6mm) hole through the existing inner most hole on the guard and install the final rivet. My cordless drill did not fit between the brake disk and the wheel well liner so I had to drill at an angle, seems OK though. A small right angle drill will work great.

Rears:

Remover tire

Remove two Torx screws with a 5/32 allen

Slip screw clip on to soft felt liner material lining it up with the existing hole

Fit guard and install Torx screws and screw into screw clip

Install pinch clip at the tab and push like hell or hammer into place

Now repeat on the other side of the car and your done. Here's some pics. It was raining so I had to take the pics in the garage, not my best work.

Also, if you're installing guards or not, the lug nuts seemed to come off very easily, I tightened them with my torque wrench to 101 ft lbs, you all might want to check yours.

Edited by transitman
  • Like 1