Focus Interior

Caesar

I picked up my Titanium this week and after a period of driving time found that there was a limited amount of leg and foot room.My 2002 Focus had more room and a a more comfortable drivers area. TheTitanium console protrudes into the drivers knee area and restricts any horizontal leg movement. also dead pedal area appears to high leaving little to no room for foot movement. In its current configuration it would be impossiblefor me to drive a stick shift in this car. I am not exactly small, being 6'2" and 240 I otherwise like the fit and location of everything interior wise ok. Just my observations.

Im 6'5, with extremely long legs. I find it to have more than adequate leg room. It is as big or bigger than most small cars ive driven. Although i will say it wasnt very comfortable before lowering the seat a bit, which also moves it back i believe.

When I first test drove a 2012 it was an SE bare bones model, so it didn't have the power seats and what not, so it was difficult to move around the seat to make it more comfortable. But then I test drove an SEL and was able to get the seat properly adjusted and I found adequate leg room and I'm also about 6'2", but with extremely long legs (just ask how hard it is to find pants long enough, lol).

Have you played around with adjusting the seat in a variety of different positions Caesar?

This was a concern of mine since I'm coming from a larger vehicle. A couple of years ago I was up to about 235lb at about 6'0', and I was starting to notice I had to adjust the side bolsters out further on my BMW. I thought at that time, I guess I won't buying a compact any time soon, lol! Anyway that for me was a wakeup call and I'm now 170lb. I test the sedan recently, and found it to be just right....phew. One thing I did notice is that sitting in the passenger side, I like to spread out a bit, and my left knee hits the center stack. Even so, there was still plenty of room behind me for an adult to sit, perhaps not as easy to get in, but once there, just fine.

I picked up my Titanium this week and after a period of driving time found that there was a limited amount of leg and foot room.My 2002 Focus had more room and a a more comfortable drivers area. TheTitanium console protrudes into the drivers knee area and restricts any horizontal leg movement. also dead pedal area appears to high leaving little to no room for foot movement. In its current configuration it would be impossiblefor me to drive a stick shift in this car. I am not exactly small, being 6'2" and 240 I otherwise like the fit and location of everything interior wise ok. Just my observations.

I think you're nuts. I had a 2001 ZX3, then a Mazda3, and then a 2007 Focus as a temporary replacement until my 2012 Focus arrived. The 2007 (and 2001) was horribly uncomfortable. The arm rests on both sides were poorly placed and painful. There was very little leg room, and the cabin was clearly much narrower. I'm 6'3" and 220 lbs., and I have considerably more room in every dimension in this new Focus (except maybe headroom--both have tons of that). I find it to be much more comfortable than the 2007 Focus I had (which is essentially the same as the original Focus, but with a cheapened dashboard and slightly tweaked, toned down styling). The numbers don't lie. The new Focus is a larger car, inside and out. It's wheels are 2.5" or so wider spaced. The platform is a very slightly enlarged C1 platform, which is what my Mazda3 was based on, and itself was bigger than the C170 first generation Focus.

Actually the area of concern is where the climate control is located. In the new model the dash and console blend together where in the older model the dash and console were seperate and the space between them allowed for more knee room for horizontal leg movement.

I'm 6'6, about 220lb. AND I have a prosthetic leg (left above-knee). So the first part of my car shopping experiences has always been to see if I fit into any car I'm considering. This includes headroom (Focus: check!), leg room (Focus: check!), steering wheel clearance (Focus: check!) as well as just general leg room in term of clearing the inside of the door and being comfortable sitting.. reaching the steering wheel, seeing out the windows and mirrors, etc... because not only am I a big guy, but I have to deal with that limited range of motion and flexibility in my left leg. I was more than pleasantly surprised to see how comfortably well I fit in the Focus. Test drove it twice, (SE first, Titanium second) to be sure.. and the leather power seats in the Titanium really helped seal the deal. (I've got a bad back, too..).

I understand the point about the center console stack infringing a bit on "knee space", but for me, my leg rested right up against it comfortably, making it even more relaxing to sit in the driver's seat. Really looking forward to having mine show up at my dealer. I'll be handing over my keys to my Honda for trade-in and will be glad to be rid of it. :)

Edited by Oroborus