Available Colors due to Sunami

markt

I ordered a new 2011 Edge SEL thru my large companies fleet program. I was told that several of the colors were not available due to the sunami and paint plants that were destroyed.

My original choice was Red Candy Metallic but I have since changed it to the White Platimun Tri Coat.

I was also told Tuxedo Black was not avaiable as well.

Mark T

Chicago

The pigments are available again, but yeah, it looks like Ford has cancelled the availability of those colors for the remainder of the year. I think the Kona Blue was axed as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see them return next year though once they stabilize the supplier base for the pigment. Glad I got my Edge Sport in the Red Candy Metallic with Tuxedo Black grille while it was still available though. I absolutely love the combination.

That does make me wonder: Does anyone know if the Edge Sport grilles are at least still being painted with Tuxedo Black, or if they have shifted those over to pure black as well?

Another note: I'd kind of like it if the rear liftgate insert (surrounding the Ford logo) was painted Tuxedo Black instead of just body color (instead of chromed like on the other trims). I think it would pull the front end styling together with the rear a bit more.

Edited by NickF1011

• 2 weeks later...

The pigments are available again, but yeah, it looks like Ford has cancelled the availability of those colors for the remainder of the year. I think the Kona Blue was axed as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see them return next year though once they stabilize the supplier base for the pigment.

I'm probably going to order my Lincoln (probably MKX or maybe MKZ Hybrid) in December or January. Hopefully, I can get the Tuxedo Black by then.

Right now, the 2012 (at least the MKZ) is only available in "Black" but if it's not metallic, I don't want it.. :angry2: