2012 Focus Wheel Locks?

emerrill

Has anybody found wheel locks that fit the wheels on the 2012? I have a titanium with 17" wheels, and the lugs are short, really short. I haven't had a chance to measure them yet, so I don't know exactly how short.

The wheel locks the dealer tried to sell me, and ones that I ordered online, would stick out almost an inch from the face of the wheel and the rest of the lugs.

Has anybody found wheel locks that fit the wheels on the 2012? I have a titanium with 17" wheels, and the lugs are short, really short. I haven't had a chance to measure them yet, so I don't know exactly how short.

The wheel locks the dealer tried to sell me, and ones that I ordered online, would stick out almost an inch from the face of the wheel and the rest of the lugs.

I realize I have 18" wheels, but Gorilla Automotive 61631 Acorn Guard Locks (12mm x 1.50") fit my wheels just fine. They are a bit taller than the stock lug nuts but they don't extend beyond the depth of the lug well or the past the wheel face. I'll post a photo if you'd like. Gorilla Automotive 71631N Acorn Wheel Locks (12mm x 1.50") should also fit; they don't have the guard ring around the top of the nut and have a more "stock" appearance at a glance.

Which ones did you order online?

FWIW, here are the prices for new wheels (fordparts.com):

17" alloy (std on Titanium) - $391.73

17" machined and painted - $411.97

18" alloy - $474.88

17" polished aluminum - $582.12

This topic prompted me to check the torque on my lug nut locks. I had rechecked them after driving about 50 miles post installation and they were fine. Last night, they were all still fine with about 600 miles on the odo.

However, I also decided to check the rest of the nuts and found that all sixteen were out of spec. Of course, I immediately re-torqued them all to 100 ft lbs but kicked myself afterward for not having measured how much they were out of spec. I can say though that they were all under-torqued by about the same amount; requiring about a fifth to a quarter of a turn to tighten to spec. Shame on me for not checking them all on delivery and a few days later when I installed the locks. Consequently, I don't know if they loosened during driving or if they were not to spec from the factory. I suggest that all new Focus owners check for spec ASAP.

This topic prompted me to check the torque on my lug nut locks. I had rechecked them after driving about 50 miles post installation and they were fine. Last night, they were all still fine with about 600 miles on the odo.

However, I also decided to check the rest of the nuts and found that all sixteen were out of spec. Of course, I immediately re-torqued them all to 100 ft lbs but kicked myself afterward for not having measured how much they were out of spec. I can say though that they were all under-torqued by about the same amount; requiring about a fifth to a quarter of a turn to tighten to spec. Shame on me for not checking them all on delivery and a few days later when I installed the locks. Consequently, I don't know if they loosened during driving or if they were not to spec from the factory. I suggest that all new Focus owners check for spec ASAP.

When I installed splash guards I found the lugs to be very easy to turn off. I posted the same suggestion to check tightness in the splash guard thread. I also re-torqued to 100 ft lbs and rechecked a couple of weeks later, all were holding nice and snug.

When I installed splash guards I found the lugs to be very easy to turn off. I posted the same suggestion to check tightness in the splash guard thread. I also re-torqued to 100 ft lbs and rechecked a couple of weeks later, all were holding nice and snug.

Thanks! Sorry I missed your post in the splash guard topic.