6-disk causing build delays ?

PFD66

Heard from my dealer today that my truck is being held up by the Radio....

Was wondering if anyone had any info on the 6 disk player that comes with luxury package causing material holds.

If this was a long term problem like the Nav units, or short term shortages.

Thanks for any info.

Edited by PFD66

Great, another f*cking kink. I plan on ordering this week and afraid my build will get denied because of all this BS. I want the 20's, can do w/out nav, 6 disk, crew cab all which are on back order or delay.

Edited by Hydro

Great, another f*cking kink. I plan on ordering this week and afraid my build will get denied because of all this BS. I want the 20's, can do w/out nav, 6 disk, crew cab all which are on back order or delay.

I feel your pain, except I WANT the NAV SYSTEM. In May I had my Ford dealer order a 2011 Platinum F-150. A few weeks ago I started hearing about the NAV SYSTEM issues. I contacted my Ford dealer and sure enough she said no more 2011 nav systems are available, but she did say that it MIGHT be available in the 2012 MY "late availability" whatever that means. I got scolded by someone on the EXECUTIVE board thread for intimating that FORD wasn't doing everything it their power to get them from Sony (or some other "super-secret" supplier) after the tsunami in Japan. He couldn't go into detail because he wanted to keep it a "secret" about what ford was actually doing to solve this problem. So, don't even waste your breath complaining. They won't/can't give you any more info.

I love FORD products and won't by any other brand, so they got me by the you know what.

Edited by DUCKRACER
  • Like 1

^ they better lay the incentives on nice and thick if they want to retain #1 truck sales. Many folks are jumping ship to get what they want.

Well, just out of curiosity I looked at the Dodge and GMC websites which, by the way, are terrible compared to Ford.com. You can't get cooled front seats, the 5.3 GM is weak compared to the 5.0 No tailgate step, no box-side steps. The list goes on and on. I will wait for my Platinum....

Edited by DUCKRACER

I hear you, no doubt Ford's website is way better and the trucks are far superior. I too am waiting, but many folks who just want a XLT or the like are going to Ram or GM. Hopefully Ford throws us loyal folks a bone.

I ordered a full load Lariat 4x4 Crew 157" back at the end of May, and was told to tone down my order as there were no 20's and Nav. So I dropped back to the Sony 6-disc system only to wait 2 more weeks to find out that Ford now says that you can only get a single disc player. So I said scrap my order and my dealer said they'd take the truck for a stock unit anyway. Now this week I find out my order has been scheduled, with the Sony 6 disc system for July 18th. So I can't say anymore either way whether they will build your truck or not so good luck! I know Ford is giving a rebate in Canada for units sold equipped with less than what they come standard with. Lariats will be credited for getting single disc's and Platinum units will be discounted for not having the navigation unit.

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates? I just saw on the Ford website that the non Sony 6 disk changer is no longer listed. I though I was getting that, but I don't really care as long as it has sync and I can plug in my ipod etc. CDs are so 90's anyway. Although, 6 mp3 CD would be nice to leave in there.

Any updates? I just saw on the Ford website that the non Sony 6 disk changer is no longer listed. I though I was getting that, but I don't really care as long as it has sync and I can plug in my ipod etc. CDs are so 90's anyway. Although, 6 mp3 CD would be nice to leave in there.

Good news!!

In case you didn't know all ford CD players from 2006 and up are MP3 capable so you will be pleased to know that burned MP3's work great I have been using them in my last 2 trucks!