Ford can't tell me What is wrong with my new Truck

msi107

Purchased a 2011 Ecoboost 4x4 lariat in May..Everything I wanted in my dream truck..In June I started having problems with the AC blowing Ice Cold air than changing suddenly to warm air and back again.. After being in and out of the dealer a few times, they now have had my truck for 4 days last week and 3 days this week...The dealer says all the computer read outs have been sent to Ford engineering in Detroit, they know there is a problem put don't know what it is...I Asked the dealer to at least have someone from Ford in Detroit call me to a least let me know what is going on and how they plan to find a solution...So far no call...I really don't want to have to go the lemon law route at this point because it is a two tone adobe/Tuxedeo black with navigation system, which is now impossable to replace...

Edited by msi107

Im not a repairman, but here's two WAGs-

First, does it only occur when one (or both) turbos are engaged? If so, possibly a vacuum deficiency from a faulty connection or possibly even some sort of issue with the AUX vacuum pump.

Second, an obstuction within the system such as a faulty A/C pressure switch, solenoid, dryer, or even foreign matter within the lines.

Best wishes, and THANK YOU for buying our truck!!!

P.S. Tomorrow I'll ask some guys at work fi they have dealt with this before, and I will pass this along to the PVT (a team of engineers that solve issues like this-)

Edited by F150mkr

Im not a repairman, but here's two WAGs-

First, does it only occur when one (or both) turbos are engaged? If so, possibly a vacuum deficiency from a faulty connection or possibly even some sort of issue with the AUX vacuum pump.

Second, an obstuction within the system such as a faulty A/C pressure switch, solenoid, dryer, or even foreign matter within the lines.

Best wishes, and THANK YOU for buying our truck!!!

P.S. Tomorrow I'll ask some guys at work fi they have dealt with this before, and I will pass this along to the PVT (a team of engineers that solve issues like this-)

Update...Had the truck home for 3 days, worked great but started all over again today..Back to the dealer service center..... Extremely frustrating..I am really concerned Ford doesn't have a solution to the problem..

Edited by msi107

Update...Had the truck home for 3 days, worked great but started all over again today..Back to the dealer service center..... Extremely frustrating..I am really Ford doesn't have a solution to the problem..

I follow several forums with different brands, and this is the first time I've heard of a AC problem like this.

Has the dealer confirmed that the ac is properly charged? Over and under charging AC systems can cause them to do weird things. In addition to the earlier suggestions, I would suspect a defective compressor clutch.

Let us know how you do.

Purchased a 2011 Ecoboost 4x4 lariat in May..Everything I wanted in my dream truck..In June I started having problems with the AC blowing Ice Cold air than changing suddenly to warm air and back again.. After being in and out of the dealer a few times, they now have had my truck for 4 days last week and 3 days this week...The dealer says all the computer read outs have been sent to Ford engineering in Detroit, they know there is a problem put don't know what it is...I Asked the dealer to at least have someone from Ford in Detroit call me to a least let me know what is going on and how they plan to find a solution...So far no call...I really don't want to have to go the lemon law route at this point because it is a two tone adobe/Tuxedeo black with navigation system, which is now impossable to replace...

It is sort of funny and sad that basic service can be such low quality, that plus sometimes poor assembly from the factory and/or bad parts can make things a real pain.

I had the “exact” same problem with my 2004 F150, my very expensive special order dream truck.

The AC could be working perfectly and then suddenly get warm, maybe stay that way the rest of the day (like on a trip), and the next time stop and start it up it would be working perfectly again.

It took the first 60-90 days and a dozen trips to figure it out. They replaced “all” the O Rings in the Freon lines and what I recall as a pressure switch along with a “throttling valve” (sort of a needle valve) that controls the Freon inside the system. The “inside” of the system would freeze up because the moisture inside the system would periodically freeze inside that valve. There is not supposed to be “any” moisture or any other contaminates inside the system.

A tell tale give away to the problem would be “big bumps” in the road. Hitting a big bump could make it change from working perfectly to not working at all and back again. The explanation given would be “jarring” that ice free or clogging it up again.

Side Note: I would like to point out that before they had gotten to the problem (that throttling valve thing - clogging); a simple evacuation and recharge had absolutely no effect on solving the problem. That was done 3 times prior to actually fixing the problem. It was not until those parts were replaced, then followed by evacuation and recharge was the problem fixed.

Side Note: I would like to point out that before they had gotten to the problem (that throttling valve thing - clogging); a simple evacuation and recharge had absolutely no effect on solving the problem. That was done 3 times prior to actually fixing the problem. It was not until those parts were replaced, then followed by evacuation and recharge was the problem fixed.

This is exactly what they did friday and it worked great till yesterday, Took it back..Now they found out the compressor comes on for 5 seconds or so and shuts off...They are talking about replacing the compressor ..One thing I wll say I can't fault the dealer service for not trying..It is just frustraiting they can't come up with a solution..

This is exactly what they did friday and it worked great till yesterday, Took it back..Now they found out the compressor comes on for 5 seconds or so and shuts off...They are talking about replacing the compressor ..One thing I wll say I can't fault the dealer service for not trying..It is just frustraiting they can't come up with a solution..

It takes a “real” automotive AC person to find and understand the problem. Sounds like the compressor turning “on” and “off” is a symptom and not the cause? Sounds like the compressor is receiving a command to turn “on” and “off”?

Seriously, it almost sounds like that “needle” valve thingy making the pressure switch “act out” and sending a command to the compressor?

I am not a “real” automotive AC person, so just relating my own experience. So perhaps it is the same problem.

After working with Ford engineering for what seems like forever now, 3 weeks as of yesterday, going on week 4 next week, they are replaceing the evaporator case...Hope this does it, I just want my truck back with an AC system that works like it is suppose to..

Edited by msi107

Just found out after 3 and half weeks of not knowing what the problem is and finally deciding to replace the evaporator case, ordered the case from Ford, and it comes in with a crack.. New one comes today but the mechanic decides he did not want to start a job that big on a Saturday, SO I WON"T have my truck till probably Tuesday now...I am Really loosing my patience..Not trying to be unreasonable, but going on 4 weeks with out my truck is really getting old...

Hey Ford I know you read these boards to at least call Coggdin Deland Ford in Deland Florida and authorize a complete wash and detail before they return my truck.>That is if this does in fact finally fix the problem