Why do the proposals always pass with high %

pullthecord

I've always voted no on the past contracts, and just about every one else I've talked to also voted no. But it seems like they always pass by a high % number. Why is this? does the average worker get blinded by the signing bonus? They don't give out these bonuses out of sheer generousity, they usually want something in return. Probably will vote no again, unless COLA is re-instated.

• Like 1

I've always voted no on the past contracts, and just about every one else I've talked to also voted no. But it seems like they always pass by a high % number. Why is this? does the average worker get blinded by the signing bonus? They don't give out these bonuses out of sheer generousity, they usually want something in return. Probably will vote no again, unless COLA is re-instated.

Because others vote YES, you asshole!

I think your being lied to. And impromptu exit polling of your friends by you is not really a good gauge for judging what happens.

Think the vocal minority. The people happy with it will just go about their day for the most part you'll only hear the angry minority and some of the majority looking to defend itself. But nothing that would constitute a decent sampling.

It's always been like that. The most radical are the most vocal and it seems like they are the majority but it proves out to be false. I'm sure it will the same this time and the contract will be approved.

• Like 3

Because others vote YES, you asshole!

Lets vote no like we did in 2007 and see if our union brings back the same contract as they did then with ,no changes ,oh wait there was a few changes ,more entry level people were hire and a map was added to show them how to get to union hall to vote,and new hires were promise number 1 tier job and they will never go to one shift so it pass 51 to 49percent yes the second time ,numbers sound familiar at most of the plants,why are they hiring alot of new hires again before the new contract is settle ,maybe this time the company and ford will rent buses and drive them to union hall to vote ,don't want it not pass like the last time on the first try.Bye the way new hire never got to 1

tier and they did go to one shift and they were put on the street for two years and some who were vocal ,went on a do not call back list.

• Like 2

It's always been like that. The most radical are the most vocal and it seems like they are the majority but it proves out to be false. I'm sure it will the same this time and the contract will be approved.

Yep and the most radical pathetic bunch of dumb fucks are on this site. They would vote no if they got $1 million each in a contract because they didn't get $2 million!!!

• Like 2