our own future

sun3

Listen, moron, bad public opinion = low cars sales = layoffs. Simple enough for you to understand? Ultimate lesson of history, including recent union history, is that without favorable public opinion, and the resulting car sales, we have no fucking jobs. Period. Public that never had our level of benefits could care less about your "fight" to retain what the public doesn't want to pay for by buying our cars. They'd rather give their business to Toyota, Honda, etc.

Try get out of Livonia once in a while, and go down to Ohio, to the Heinz plant in Fremont, just 30 minutes east of Toledo, and see how many United Commercial Food Workers union members drive Honda's. Go to Napoleon, OH, to the Campbell's plant, just 45 minutes south west off Toledo, right on the Maumee River, and see how many of the same union rank-and-file drive Honda's and Toyota's. Then tell them how they should buy a Ford so they can support your fight to retain your daddy's level of benefits, that these guys never saw in their lifetime.

Go down to Cincinnati, where our brothers and sisters lost jobs at Sharonville and Batavia, and see how many people drive fucking Toyota's and then tell me, motherfucker, how public perception isn't important.

Just want to point out that GM and Chrysler both went bankrupt, took bailout money, pissed off a lot of Americans, and some how they are still making billions. I don't think public perception of employees is as important as some people think. I believe that most people choose cars by looks, price, and quality.