SHELDON ROAD PLANT STILL OPEN?

donmega

i work at dtp my nephew worked at sheldon road from 2006 till july 2008 as an orange temporary employee making 14.00 bucks an hour. he quit to take a full time job somewhere for a lil less money becuase they were told him that the plant was closing at the end of the year 2008.was this true ? is sheldon road still open?

i work at dtp my nephew worked at sheldon road from 2006 till july 2008 as an orange temporary employee making 14.00 bucks an hour. he quit to take a full time job somewhere for a lil less money becuase they were told him that the plant was closing at the end of the year 2008.was this true ? is sheldon road still open?

YES, BUT WHO KNOWS FOR HOW LONG? I HAVE A FEW FRIENDS THERE AND THEY SAY ITS GETTING PRETTY EMPTY IN THERE PRODUCT WISE.

Yeah their still there, about 20 cars in the lot when I drive by during the week. It's a ghost town now.. Hi-low drivers tho are making lots of money!.

This is what I don't like,

The profit sharing should be a flat amount across the board to all employees weather they work 1850 hours or not. If the company reports a profit each person should get the same piece of the pie. Here is my reason, people in other plants don't have OT oppertunities like hi-lo drivers in other plants. I can't make or work the same hours they can. A plant that's on 3 days 10 hour days isn't going to work OT compared to like Saline or SRP. This is why I think profit sharing should be the same for everyone.

People say well those people worked it they earned it, well they got paid for it, it's called OT. You choose to work it, you got your line time.. Profit sharing tho is not fair.

If the company reports 10 billion in profit, at least 25 percent of that should be divided to all 41,000 workers..

The current change in formula for this new agreement does not benefit us or trades.

hold on on did i read you correctly you guys r workin 3 days a week 10 hours at livonia transmission. wow i thought you guys were doin good over there parking lot stays full

We are still working at SRP. Over 500 employees. They are beginning to combine parts like the F-150 and F-250-450 will all be the same so they can outsource a bigger volume to a vender in hopes more volume will attract them. Also the Excape and Focus line will be the same part.

are there still alot of temps still in there.. per the contract they about to get senority rite? my nephew is goin to slap himself, lol