Dale143

I love how there is a spot for the match, why? because most companies you work for Match, this company could care less about hourly investing their money!! BS

most companies do match, what you forgot to include is that most companies also don't pay a pension anymore. would you give up your pension in exchange for a company match option?

• Like 2

most companies do match, what you forgot to include is that most companies also don't pay a pension anymore. would you give up your pension in exchange for a company match option?

Good Question, it would depend on the match and yes your absolutely right most companies do not pay a pension but why does our company pay salary a pension and on top of that a match plus stock options??

Good Question, it would depend on the match and yes your absolutely right most companies do not pay a pension but why does our company pay salary a pension and on top of that a match plus stock options??

No salaried hired after January 1, 2000 is covered by a pension anymore.

No salaried hired after January 1, 2000 is covered by a pension anymore.

Yes, you are right Len, I stand corrected but most employees (salaried) would you agree were hired before 2000? There are not a lot of new hires after 2000, it seems as though I remember a big hiring freeze plus a lot of people before either let go voluntarily or involuntarily back in 2006. What would you say the average age of a salaried worker and the years on the job?? I say its around 45 and at least 15 years??

I love how there is a spot for the match, why? because most companies you work for Match, this company could care less about hourly investing their money!! BS

They're doing you a favor, unless you like flushing 20% of your salary down the toilet. The only people who have come out ahead in the last decade live in Manhatten.