Thanks IUAW

Cardinal

I would like to thank the IUAW for all the phone calls about SB5 I received prior to Nov. 8th. and the one I received at 6:45pm Nov.8th asking if I had voted. I am so glad you remembered me and wanted to discuss SB5; but I am very saddened you didn't remember me in contract talks. I have walked the picket line with my father at age 18 in '67. As a worker I have seen the IUAW bargain for better pensions, more holidays, more relief time, better training, medical benefits, COLA and the belief in a fair days work for a fair days pay. Since I retired I have watched the IUAW give up or curtail many of these benefits gained over the years. I am turning into a bitter old man thinking about all the time I spent believing in the tenets stated by the IUAW. I hope in the next contract the IUAW gets back COLA, relief time, and ends the two-tiered wage system; then maybe I can once again have some faith in the IUAW.

• Like 5

I would like to thank the IUAW for all the phone calls about SB5 I received prior to Nov. 8th. and the one I received at 6:45pm Nov.8th asking if I had voted. I am so glad you remembered me and wanted to discuss SB5; but I am very saddened you didn't remember me in contract talks. I have walked the picket line with my father at age 18 in '67. As a worker I have seen the IUAW bargain for better pensions, more holidays, more relief time, better training, medical benefits, COLA and the belief in a fair days work for a fair days pay. Since I retired I have watched the IUAW give up or curtail many of these benefits gained over the years. I am turning into a bitter old man thinking about all the time I spent believing in the tenets stated by the IUAW. I hope in the next contract the IUAW gets back COLA, relief time, and ends the two-tiered wage system; then maybe I can once again have some faith in the IUAW.

Great post !! I agree 100%. Its time the people wrestle our union back from the political motivated only International reps.

• Like 4

Thank you for your years of Service, as well as one of the best posts I have seen in a long while. Unfortunatly, it is my personbal belief that we will never again see Cola, or the other things we have lost over the past several years. They are gone forever. I can only pray that we somehow get the new leadershiop we need in order to make some sort of gains, and stop the losing slide we have been on. I sadly don't see it happening, as I don't see anyone in the wings to replace mr. King that has the ability to do what we need done. The IUAW has pushed themselves into a corner. The Company now owns them lock, stock and barrel, and the membership is seeing this, and getting mad about it. I predict that things will get worse long before they start improving. It seems to be whats happening in this country in every field. Autoworkers will feel real pain in the coming years. I only hope I can get to the where I can retire before that happens.

• Like 2

dream on brother , i remenber when we would get a good solid contract without a signing bonus . now the iuaw brings us a sorry contract with a so called big signing bonus and the members will vote it in every time just to get a big one time check. all i want is a good fair contract with a cola and they can stick their signing bonus . this is just a sign of the times, the good ole days are gone brother . people want their money now, rather than benefits like cola spread out over 4 years . the iuaw know they can get any contract they and the company want just by offering a big signing bonus . just look what has happened over the last two contracts. sorry we have gave up lots of things you and my daddy and all the old school uaw members have fought so hard for in past years to acheive. i just don't see any changes down the road. take care brother , dozerman (28.5 years )

• Like 2

Thank you for your years of Service, as well as one of the best posts I have seen in a long while. Unfortunatly, it is my personbal belief that we will never again see Cola, or the other things we have lost over the past several years. They are gone forever. I can only pray that we somehow get the new leadershiop we need in order to make some sort of gains, and stop the losing slide we have been on. I sadly don't see it happening, as I don't see anyone in the wings to replace mr. King that has the ability to do what we need done. The IUAW has pushed themselves into a corner. The Company now owns them lock, stock and barrel, and the membership is seeing this, and getting mad about it. I predict that things will get worse long before they start improving. It seems to be whats happening in this country in every field. Autoworkers will feel real pain in the coming years. I only hope I can get to the where I can retire before that happens.

LOL, from the Tea Party president here in Michigan. You also want us to be right to work for less. What a fricking loser.

• Like 4

Yes, it sounds like you were a member before the rightwing lunatics took control of this country. Maybe we should work together to get rid of these modern fascists and put in office those who care about the worker. Until then, all we will have is people believing the UAW can deliver more than they actually can. If we don't win at the ballot box, it doesn't matter what we do at the bargaining table. We have seen what the rightwing Republicans want to do to the American worker. Unfortunately, many retirees and active UAW workers vote Republican and screw us all. Then, they turn around and complain about the UAW.

• Like 6