2012 Spare tire

garyrox

Just read in the 2012 F150 Quick Reference guide, the following:

"Location of spare tire

A temporary spare tire is located under the vehicle,

just forward of the rear bumper. The temporary spare

is designed for emergency use only and should be

replaced as soon as possible."

I hope this is not the case with the off road package. If it is, I hope there is room for it to be replaced with a real Spare. Maybe that is how they were able to put a 36 gallon tank under the 5.5 box. That may not seem like a problem in the populated areas, but in the high desert of AZ/UT it is a concern. May have to throw a real wheel/tire in the back of the 5.5 bed.

Just read in the 2012 F150 Quick Reference guide, the following:

"Location of spare tire

A temporary spare tire is located under the vehicle,

just forward of the rear bumper. The temporary spare

is designed for emergency use only and should be

replaced as soon as possible."

I hope this is not the case with the off road package. If it is, I hope there is room for it to be replaced with a real Spare. Maybe that is how they were able to put a 36 gallon tank under the 5.5 box. That may not seem like a problem in the populated areas, but in the high desert of AZ/UT it is a concern. May have to throw a real wheel/tire in the back of the 5.5 bed.

oh that could suck.......

Is it the same as the four down tires or really a "temporary" tire? I have an XLTScrew 4x4 w/ chrome clad wheels P275/65R18's

Not really. It will usually be the same brand of tire your running on, but it will be a plain black rim. The 20" and 24" tires will only get an 18" spare (tire to rim ratio makes them sit about the same) and the Raptor does get a full spare, but different color rim so you know its the spare.

Not really. It will usually be the same brand of tire your running on, but it will be a plain black rim. The 20" and 24" tires will only get an 18" spare (tire to rim ratio makes them sit about the same) and the Raptor does get a full spare, but different color rim so you know its the spare.

Thanks, Derek, makes me happy, no worries, then, with the spare tire.