Changing out oem stereo for oem nav unit?

2012SDKR

My 2012 SD did not come with the factory navigation unit in the truck. At some point I was thinking I could change over to it. I was told at the dealership that it would be very expensive and that I would loose some of the steering wheel functions as well as my back up camera video that is currently in the rear view mirror. Could anybody shed any light on this for me. I don't want to lose any functions on the truck, especially the camera and sync. Thanks

• 4 months later...

The 2011 XLT didn't have the nav radio as an option, only higer end models...I didn't order Sirius/XM with the truck either....I was checking on eBay and found a guy selling radios for 2011 (not sure the same ones will work in 2012s)...this fellow sells the radio, amp (not the same amp for the bass unit), antenna(s), antenna harness, wiring harness, steering wheel control, right side (not always needed) and detailed instructions....I had to drill hole for the roof antenna since i didn't have the sirius option when i ordered the truck....the cost was $2000 (about the same cost if i could have ordered it from Ford installed)...all in all about a day to install and that was making sure i read instructions a few times and addding in the lock pick.....the installation does NOT affect the camera in the mirror...lock pic soes give you the option of a second cam if you want to buy the cable and cam....his name is Jim Hill and his email is jhill1004 at bellsouth.net, his eBay id is lothar551....he is very knowledgeable about the radios and installs....this radio doesn't add bluetooth nor sync....so hopefully you have that already...