Oil Pourcentage

nexus

Hi,

Anyone know if the f150 computer register in it's memory when we reset the oil pourcentage to 100%

I would like to know because I made a little error on my last oil change. Here in Quebec we need to change our oil to every 8000KM so when I did the reset I chose 70%, thinking that it would be 70% of 12 000km but in fact it was a drop of 70% so after around 3000km my oil pourcentage is allready at 0%...

• 4 weeks later...

If you have a 2011, you were definitely right the first time - 70% is 70% of life remaining, not 30%. You have to push and HOLD to perform the reset, just selecting it won't change anything.

Ford only has one set of oil change intervals for the F-150, and they are the same in both the USA and Canada - it's up to 10,000 miles (or the metric equivalent) or 12 months as indicated by the IOLM display. PLENTY of dealers are finding any excuse in the world to have you come in sooner since 95% of drivers aren't going to make the indicator trip before 10,000 miles.

The IOLM sensor will reduce the % of oil life based on how you drive the vehicle and the conditions it is driven in - unless you drive it like a madman it won't drop down faster than 1% per 1000 miles.

Note that the only condition it can't sense is excessive dust - driving extensively on dirt roads is the example in the manual. If you do that, then the oil change interval is every 5,000 miles or 6 months. I would like to point out that finding a dusty dirt road in the winter time is just about impossible since snow "dust" evaporates.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Anyone know if the f150 computer register in it's memory when we reset the oil pourcentage to 100%

I would like to know because I made a little error on my last oil change. Here in Quebec we need to change our oil to every 8000KM so when I did the reset I chose 70%, thinking that it would be 70% of 12 000km but in fact it was a drop of 70% so after around 3000km my oil pourcentage is allready at 0%...

You can reset it anytime you wish by HOLDING down the reset till its RESET as the last post stated. The Oil Monitoring system uses OIL TEMP, RPM (TORQUE), TOTAL RUN TIME, WATER TEMP, IDLE TIME, AIR TEMP, AND 4X4 use. Make sure you have your on board system set at NORMAL driving and not TRAILERING, TRIALERING WITH SIGNIFICANTLY SHORTEN THE CHANGE INTERVAL. The maunal says for NORMAL driving you can expect up to 10,000 miles or one year between oil changes. MY DEALER WANTS ME TO COME BACK EVER 3.000 MILES, ????? .........I am gonna come back when the OLMS says its time to change.