Nav System Error

fusion815

I just purchased a 2012 Fusion SEL with a navigation system. I entered in my vacation destination's address with no issues. Found it and everything (even located on the map). But when I go to set as destiniation (calculate route) I'm getting cannot calculate route error. Any ideas as to why?

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks,

Chris

I just purchased a 2012 Fusion SEL with a navigation system. I entered in my vacation destination's address with no issues. Found it and everything (even located on the map). But when I go to set as destiniation (calculate route) I'm getting cannot calculate route error. Any ideas as to why?

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris.:D Have you checked the Owners Manual and Navigation System Supplement Guide you were given when you purchased? There wil usually be a trouble-shooting chart (check both, but probably in the NAV Supplement) which may help solve the issue or point you in the right direction.

Keep us updated and good luck.:beerchug:

Hi Chris.:D Have you checked the Owners Manual and Navigation System Supplement Guide you were given when you purchased? There wil usually be a trouble-shooting chart (check both, but probably in the NAV Supplement) which may help solve the issue or point you in the right direction.

Keep us updated and good luck.:beerchug:

Yup. I checked manual with no luck. The location is Corolla, NC (Outer Banks) and for some reason it can calulate the route up to a certain point then it no longer can calulate and I can't get it to the place I'm staying at.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup. I checked manual with no luck. The location is Corolla, NC (Outer Banks) and for some reason it can calulate the route up to a certain point then it no longer can calulate and I can't get it to the place I'm staying at.

I went to my Ford dealership and was told it mostly likely the software having trouble with that location. ..which was obvious (located on the only main road in the Outer Banks -- Route 12). I was told because of that they really couldn't do anything for me. So, I contacted NAVTEQ and they said ... "Although Ford uses our map data, we do not provide technical support on their behalf. For technical support please contact your nearest authorized Ford dealership." Just perfect!

I find this situation unacceptable since I threw in an extra $1900 or whatever to get the nav system and it can't even calulate a route that I chose. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone? Advice?

Thanks,

Chris